My thoughts on FM11 iTouch

Hi all. I've been playing FM11 on PC quite a bit but recently bought a 4th gen itouch 64gb (amazing) and really enjoying F11 on it. Only problems I've come across so far are:

1) The Player Tactical Roles kept resetting but it seems ok now.

2) Swapping players is pretty tricky but maybe I'll get used to it.

Other than that it seems awesome.

• SI Staff

Glad you're enjoying it.

With swapping players - when dragging go left or right initially as otherwise it'll think you're trying to scroll the list, hopefully it'll feel natural to you after a while.

Yeah thanks I figured that out. Still seems really fiddly though - especially making substitutions.

Anyway, other than that it's really good. Great work. Amazing how fast it is after playing PC/PSP versions.

One problem I have though is that I'm at work right now, at my desk, and my iTouch is next to me, and….the….temp…tation…..:)

One question. What's the best way to sell players? Same as PSP? Transfer list and offer for a low amount and haggle them upwards? I tried to sell a couple of players at the start of the game with no luck.

• SI Staff
One question. What's the best way to sell players? Same as PSP? Transfer list and offer for a low amount and haggle them upwards? I tried to sell a couple of players at the start of the game with no luck.

Offer them out to clubs at a reasonably low price and then negotiate afterwards.

You'll generally find at the start of the game clubs will be a bit less active than if you wait until the second season (mainly because the db contains their summer signings already) BUT obviously you can persuade clubs to sit up and pay attention if you list the right person or at the right price ..

It seemed in previous editions of FM, that selling players was quite easy. Offers were always made on players that weren't transfer listed, and frequently the offers were for double the players value.

Now, I get low-balled for players on the tl, or after I've already offered players for a decent value, and it's near impossible to negotiate an initial bid upward by more than about 25%

• SI Staff
It seemed in previous editions of FM, that selling players was quite easy. Offers were always made on players that weren't transfer listed, and frequently the offers were for double the players value.

Now, I get low-balled for players on the tl, or after I've already offered players for a decent value, and it's near impossible to negotiate an initial bid upward by more than about 25%

I'll play around with this a little tonight and see who I can off-load and for what, any examples you'd like me to look at from the first season?

Yeah thanks I figured that out. Still seems really fiddly though - especially making substitutions.

Anyway, other than that it's really good. Great work. Amazing how fast it is after playing PC/PSP versions.

One problem I have though is that I'm at work right now, at my desk, and my iTouch is next to me, and….the….temp…tation…..:)

Totally with you on the having the game at work problem - I'm toying with the idea of playing it on my lunchbreak, but then seriously worried about whether my afternoon will be in any way productive (work-wise!).

I'll play around with this a little tonight and see who I can off-load and for what, any examples you'd like me to look at from the first season?

I was unable to move Gerrard, Torres, and Kuyt in my first season at Liverpool. I was able to sell Babel, but only for 1million over his value.

I just would like to see computer managed clubs become more active during the transfer windows.

Totally with you on the having the game at work problem - I'm toying with the idea of playing it on my lunchbreak, but then seriously worried about whether my afternoon will be in any way productive (work-wise!).

Same here on my iPhone. I try an have a quick go at lunch but I just end up thinking about what I'm going to do with my team all afternoon then! And there's the odd occasion where I loose track of time :p

Plus there's quite a few exstended toilet breaks I might need to explain if my boss starts to notice me missing from my desk for 10-15 minutes here and there while I'm having an iPoo!

Archived