Quick board and contracts question

I'm managing the MK Dons currently and doing way better than the pundits said I would and better than what I told the board. The transfer window just opened and the board want me to update my thoughts on the rest of the season. But they warn me that I will be judged on any changes I make. The options are top half finish, promotion, title challenge, winner. At the season start I said top half finish. I'm currently solidly in third. And I expect to stay there. Whats the difference between promotion and title challenge. Is promotion a playoff spot or actually winning the last promotion spot?

I think I am going to get promoted but If I say that and I don't, will they sack me? Or would I have to miss the playoff to get fired?

Also everyone's contract is up in six months and right now Im 3k away from my wage budget. How long can I wait to sign new contracts? Thanks

MM

There is always a chance that the players leave on a free transfer as soon as their contracts expire, not all do but I have seen a tendancy that a lot do in the lower leagues at least.

Changing expectations upwards could give you a larger transfer- and wagebudget, but it will also increase what you have to perform to keep the board happy. They will not necessary fire you if you fail to live up to those expectations, but you better not get a bad start next season as that could make your jobsituation rather insecure.

Archived