Give player instructions without having to go to tactics?

Why can't you right click a player in the 3D match and get a list of moves you want them to do?

For instance: I'm 2-2 and want my goal keeper to go up for corners. Why can't I just right click him and get his moves up and select that option.

Be handy if you wanted to set your player to take long shots, or pass into space etc. instead of having to leave the match screen?

I think the whole match interface could use various features. For example, stamina bars for players (perhaps requiring a toggle to avoid it being forced on), the ability to dictate the tactics quickly (i.e. click on Glen Johnson and click the option for him to overlap on the menu that appears), and so on and so on and so on...

I wouldn't use the argument that something is "too complicated". The match viewer is largely non-interactive and that's a huge shame. There is so much potential for this giant screen to be used.

Not that it sounds really complicated - right-click, menu pops up, click "Go up for corners".

I have an idea that you should be able to click a goalkeeper and drag him up to the opposing penalty box - when I release the mouse button, a menu pops up and one of the options is "Go up for corners". An arrow appears indicating the start (i.e. the player, so it is obvious whom you have selected). You may even get more finesse by telling him to go into a specific set-piece position (i.e. attack from deep) - when hovering over this area, the this part of the pitch "glows" a different colour to reflect that option.

I think this is a very good idea perhaps also they could include a cancel substitution, the amount of times I get ready to sub a player and then he goes and scores and I can't leave him on as I have already confirmed the substitution.

Archived