Players wanting a new challenge, what do I do?

Sometimes, a player just wants a new challenge because he thinks he has achieved everything he could at the current club. So, what do I do at that point? Happened to me for Ozil at his peak and now my world class defender at age 26. I'm pretty sure he'll be entering his peak in a year or so and I'm going to lose him :(

Pretty sure it's not play time related or not winning trophies.... I'm outta idea at the moment.

The best thing to do is to spot it early and offer them a new contract. If it has gone beyond that stage then you are sometimes better off cashing in on them while you can unless you have great finances and can afford taking the risk of holding on to him and potentially losing him for nothing.

This is driving me crazy now :( Another one of my player (DMC/MC and he's my best box to box midfielder with 24 assist, and top assist in my team) is unhappy because of the same reason... It's only after about 2 weeks the first guy handed me the issue. Am I doing something wrong?? I could get a replacement for my defenders because I have a few lining up from my U19 but would be a long time before I find another one as good as him. And the DC comes right out of my own youth academy and the midfielder is with me for like 9 seasons now, since he was 18....

Will there be a squad harmony problem if I just keep them as long as I can? I promise them that the team will grow (not sure how atm though coz I'm pretty much winning almost everything... maybe I should throw some matches this season and grow back up :-D ) and they said they will stay but it's still on their concern list.

And ty for the suggestions but I don't really need more money coz I'm the richest club in the world, twice as rich as the 2nd guy :-D

And a thrid player, a DL, after another week??? Do they get bored of winning or what?? :-D Luckily, this time, the guy is happy after I said he's a big part of my plan.

Maybe there's a bad apple in the bunch that they are just all unhappy now because of that?

What are their personalties like? Ambitious players are more likely to do this. It also reveals that they have low loyalty attribute. Also what side are you and how is your club standing in football?

DL - Personality: Spirited, Media: Outspoken

DMC - Personality: Driven, Media: Media friendly, Short-tempered, Confrontational

DC - Personality: Resolute, Media: Media friendly

Heh.. tbh I have no idea what these personality means btw.

I'm playing as R Madrid and Coefficient is #1.... LIGA BBVA also overtake EPL spot this year as well so they are playing in the best league.

I'd understand it if it's just 1 player but 3 players in a row in one month?? And I've been with the club since the beginning of the game (12 seasons now), and all these players are the kids I signed at age 16-17 except the DMC at age 18 or 19 coz he's brazilian.

Yay!!! I'm going for a record here :) :) Player #4!!!!!! lol I don't know if I should be laughing or crying.

Edit: Player #5 now ......... Heck, I was thinking I'm going to retire after this season to start a new challenge myself but I'm pretty sure SI didn't develop something to read my mind.... did they????

Yay!!! I'm going for a record here :) :) Player #4!!!!!! lol I don't know if I should be laughing or crying.

Edit: Player #5 now ......... Heck, I was thinking I'm going to retire after this season to start a new challenge myself but I'm pretty sure SI didn't develop something to read my mind.... did they????

Haven't had this problem, but I sounds like it plays out like the "end season unhappiness" where the fringe players moan about not playing enough. This always comes in waves as well.

If I ever get a message about wanting a new challenge message from one of my players I will sign new long term contracts with relevant players asap (before they want to leave).

If the Private Chat about building for the future goes well, give the player a new contract immediately.

If it goes badly, refuse the transfer request from the player, then put the player up for sale yourself so that you can offer him to clubs and sell him on your terms. Get rid of the player quickly though, because once they want to leave, they play rubbish and are just a waste of wages money.

Bad buzz about the 5 players wanting to leave, maybe you should start introducing group hugs as part of your training schedule...

Managed to solve it by telling them either they are part of my big plan (even though I don't have any lol) or promise them that the club will grow. 2 out of 5 just go back happy and I just renew their contract for the other 3 and everyone is happy now :) :)

Out of the topic, there's another guy who wanted to leave the club coz he's not having enough play time. I agree and transfer listed him. I managed to negotiate with other clubs at 175% of his face value after I transfer listed him. Then, he just rejected all those clubs offer and come back to tell me he loves me :-D and want to play for me instead. And ask me to take off the transfer list.

I guess it's time to investigate what have they've been smoking....

Archived