A new idea for touchline shouts

Hi all,

I think the touchline shouts are a great idea but wouldn't it be good if before you start a match you can give these instructions in the dressing room as when you give the touchline shouts during a match they don't activate straight away and sometimes you can be a goal down by the time they activate. I think this is a good idea as before a game mangers don't just tell there players get tight, close down, and the other OI's they tell there players I want you to get wider, exploit the flanks ect..ect.. I would also like to see some new shouts or OI's included one I would really like to see included is getting players to double up on tricky wingers which is something that a winger a full back will often do if the opposition player is tricky with a lot of pace.

What do you guys think any other new shouts or OI's we should have??

Why woud you give the shouts in the dressing room?

Surely you are doing this setting the tactics before the kick-off / from Team Talk Screen and at half time

In terms of double up marking cant you have someone man marking and someone pistional marking for the same player / area he plays in

Use the tactics screen before the game, quite simple.

You can't tell your players to retain possesion on the tactics screen or exploit middle/flanks. so having these shouts implemented also into a team talk would be a good idea. Like I have said in the first post mangers Will instruct there players in what they what and require them to do in a game they will give each player specific instructions along with team instructions and these things include what the touchline shouts have to offer.

I would love to have this available both pre-game and at half-time. You feel more of a manager than just moving a blob along a line. I would also like these shouts be personalised as well - ie tell a striker, not the whole team to exploit the flanks or hassle opponents. I would eventually like the game be in a position to never have to go to the tactics screen but have it all on the match screen.

You could also add shouts, I think I haven't seen, like "Keep it tight" or Calm down".

You can't tell your players to retain possesion on the tactics screen or exploit middle/flanks. so having these shouts implemented also into a team talk would be a good idea. Like I have said in the first post mangers Will instruct there players in what they what and require them to do in a game they will give each player specific instructions along with team instructions and these things include what the touchline shouts have to offer.

Of course you can - You think there are more tactics available mid-game than the start?

Of course you can - You think there are more tactics available mid-game than the start?

So how do you get your team to retain possession from the start?

Control is the only method I can think of. But what if you want them to play defensively but retain possession when they do have the ball? Personally, I like setting an Attacking mentality and either pass to feet or retain possession.

Similarly in a game where the pitch is narrow you might want them to pass into space without choosing a wide option. How is that done?

Just had a look at the online manual and there seems to be no option to tell the players to pass to feet or pass into space.

You might affect possession by tempo and creative freedom but even that is ropey.

We could also have this come in as an alternative to the tactics screen.

How do you tell players to retain possesion, play safer and take more risks

retain possessoin = short passing doesn't it? play safe is probably short passing and slow tempo as well where as 'take more risks' is setting a high defensive line and getting more players to make forward, attacking runs.

My idea is having these shouts available at the start of the match is so you don't have to go into your tactics screen before every match and tinker with it I just think that being able to do it this way before each match much like you do with the OI's is just a plainer, simple, quicker and easier way to do it.

But if you do these every match, you might as well change your tactic and then you won't need to apply these all the time. The TTF10 explains what the OI shouts do and how they affect the tactics, so you only need to see what the OI you use change, and change it in your tactic.

Sorry but can i just clear something up, I was under the impression that touchline shouts just change some advanced sliders on the tactics screen and that is all they do.

So they are just a quick way of tweaking tactics quickly midgame.

So the shouts don't 'reinforce' anything if you already have those setting set.

And also back to the OP touchline shouts in the dressing room is essentially just your tactics before the game, no?

Archived