Subbing Injured Players

I think what he means is that if a player is struggling with a knock, and all three subs have already been used, can you just withdraw the player and play with ten men...

Personally I think the idea should be introduced (I dont think it is in FM11)- I have wished I could do this a few times when I have made 3 half time subs to change things around, a player takes a knock (green injury symbol appears) and I would rather play with ten men that have a player hobbling around causing my team problems

It's one that is always open to abuse I feel, perhaps they could limit it to one withdrawal? Theoretically if you were losing 14-0 before the hour mark (Which is where games are 'resulted' if stopped I think) you could take all your players off, thus stopping the game and claim a default 3-0?

I think what he means is that if a player is struggling with a knock, and all three subs have already been used, can you just withdraw the player and play with ten men...

Personally I think the idea should be introduced (I dont think it is in FM11)- I have wished I could do this a few times when I have made 3 half time subs to change things around, a player takes a knock (green injury symbol appears) and I would rather play with ten men that have a player hobbling around causing my team problems

Yes this is what I meant.

It is annoying because if you're winning by 3 goals and there's 20 mins left, you don't want someone like your main striker to pick up a full-blown injury. I'd much rather play with 10 men.

It's one that is always open to abuse I feel, perhaps they could limit it to one withdrawal? Theoretically if you were losing 14-0 before the hour mark (Which is where games are 'resulted' if stopped I think) you could take all your players off, thus stopping the game and claim a default 3-0?

you would first of all limit to injured players only and secondly you would make it you had to keep a maximum of 8 players on the pitch (or whatever the rules are in the particular country).

I have suggested it a few times and got some positivie feedback in the ideas threads from either a mod or SI (cant remember) but as of yet it isnt introduced :(

Archived