Regens, The Future and LOTS of Questions.

I saw a thread about Regens. I already suspected this was the case so it confirmed my thoughts. I have a few questions though.

Does the Regen situation mean that in the future the ratio of excellent to poor players will remain the same ?

The same basic question as above except the ratio of players per nation ?

Does the regen system work the same after the first set of regens ?

My current game is lacking quality players for the right wing but lots and lots of strikers will this correct itself or is this a bug or something ?

... on an unrelated note has anybody noticed that good players are coming from lesser nations again ?. This particular thing was disapointing about FM10 but is back in FM11. I have a Bosnian utility player who's a beast.

A managers Youth Player rating should have more impact on young players coming through.

Oddly enough I've noticed a startling lack of quality right mids as well.

There are plenty of center and left mids, but I've only found one who was able to retrain for the right.

However, the biggest absence vie noticed has been for outside fullbacks. I have found very few outside backs who can cross, have pace, stamina, and decent tackling. Be it regens or just existing players.

I'm playing as Liverpool, with Italy, Spain, and Germany simulating on my iPad.

• SI Staff
Does the Regen situation mean that in the future the ratio of excellent to poor players will remain the same ?

The database will remain balanced in the long run although at certain dates it might be that there are more or less of a specific quality of player in a position.

The same basic question as above except the ratio of players per nation ?

The number of players in nations can 'shift' within the game - most notably if a human manages an inactive national team, in which case additional players will be regenerated within that nation to help with their management of that side.

Does the regen system work the same after the first set of regens ?

Regenerated players will beget renegerated players for as long as the game continues (if thats what you mean).

My current game is lacking quality players for the right wing but lots and lots of strikers will this correct itself or is this a bug or something ?

Its something which will likely correct itself over time - for some positions most of the'quality' players in that position are around a similar age of there might be a 'blank spot' for a certain age meaning that for a few years quality players in that role are scarce.

Finally don't forget you can retrain players to a position in FMHi 2011 - so it might be in your instance that there is a talented defender (in the Gareth Bale model?) who might make a very promising winger?

... on an unrelated note has anybody noticed that good players are coming from lesser nations again ?. This particular thing was disapointing about FM10 but is back in FM11. I have a Bosnian utility player who's a beast.

Good glad thats working - the quality players from minor nations will 'move around' somewhat to make spotting them a bit less predictable :D

• SI Staff
Oddly enough I've noticed a startling lack of quality right mids as well.

There are plenty of center and left mids, but I've only found one who was able to retrain for the right.

Bear in mind that quite often players WILL retrain even if they (or the coach) grumbles a bit about it - however if they aren't happy about it they'll take longer to do so.

Archived