Season expectations

Ok.. started a new game with West Ham was predicted to come 15th had a pretty good season was in the top half of the table the whole season ended the season overachieving and getting 9th place.. Season 2, im currently 10th my job is insecure, still in the FA Cup and League Cup, all my players are ****ed off saying were underachieving and there is loads of speculation that im going to be sacked. So why have they put massive expectations on me with a 1st team worth around 30-40mil all together?

Top half finish means comfortably in the top half. If you are hovering around 12/11/10/9 then you aren't achieving expectations. Welcome to the world of management, say hello to Phil brown (think that's his name) the manager who took hull to their highest ever league finish and then got sacked because he wasn't doing so well in his second season in the premier league. Or chris hughton... This could be a very long list if you want.

I have had this problem many times. Is it realistic? no, but the game will probably never get sophisticated as to realise what you have really achieved with the money/ players you have. If you get sacked, just do what you did again and hope that lady luck smiles on you this time round

Kempo, how is it not realistic? Managers get sacked every year because the team isn't where the board/fans want it to be, despite howbad the squad is. Liverpool a team with ONE striker (ngog does not count) and a generally average aging team and hodgson was sacked. It happens every single year in real life.

Ok so it may happen in real life but I totally disagree with it. lets take Phil Brown as an example. He takes Hull up into the promise land and keeps them up in the first season, already he should be revered as a 'god' to hull fans and yet he gets sacked the next season. How can this happen? he did the unthinkable! what more do they want from him? a champs league spot? its just ridiculous how managers get sacked these days, especially in the english league where managers used to get a chance unlike the Italian league for example. Nowadays you are based on your last 3 games how can you progress if you keep changing managers?

Whether you disagree with it or not, it's real life and thus it's what the game models. For the record I think the boards that sacked hodgeson, hughton and brown all need their brains examined, but unfortunately I don't control English football.

it might also depend on the board. Some are more demanding than others, I think. My board never really appreciates anything I do, and it's upsetting. The last season my board's minimum expectation was that we challenge for the title. We actually WON the title, but their reaction was "Good", 75%, while it should be superb!! Discouraging, to say the least. So, this season I am not even going to bother, set "normal bonus", and whatever...

Maybe I should try with another club, where the board is more grateful. Or, maybe the game forces me to switch clubs in a subtle way? LOL

Archived