Selling players who are in end of contract

So, this is the deal. I have 3 players who will end their contracts in June (6 months from now), and since I want to offload my finances I decided to offer them now (in December) to all clubs for €0.

They all have the "Wnt" icon, and the clubs are said to be interested in getting them because the contract's expiring. So I offered them now for €0, and lots of clubs, instead of offering €0 and have the players right away, decided to approach them to sign when the contract finishes.

This doesn't make much sense to me. Imagine you are interested in a player and you can approach him to come to your team at the end of the season, but now you see that you can have him right now by paying nothing. I certainly would rather have him right now, even if I don't play him at least he has an advance of 6 months to settle with the new team.

Yes those teams would be paying them wages right away, but I think that IRL clubs would rather have the players as soon as possible, right?..

IRL a lot of clubs of lesser leagues gets muscled by bigger clubs with the 6month remaining. Meaning they should sign personal terms with the player (thus disabling the seller to create a bidding war). Then they approach the cllub and make them "an offer they can't refuse" A) Either except our compensation of 500k € and let him move down imediatley or B) keep an unsettled and unfocused players for 6 months and lose him for nothing.

So Offering players the way you are doing should definetley be plasuible and realistic. Since IRL the club will you usually pay you a small amount to let the player move in advance. I have yet to open the game but now I'm getting a bit worried after reading this thread and others.

Archived