Impossible to become national manager?

Hi guys!

I'm managing Danish team Brøndby IF and dominating domestic - won four years in a row and competing in Champions League on a regular basis.

Also top on the Danish managers list! Even though i can't get manager for the Danish national team. I've applied twice and both times managers with lower reputation and low level merits get the job instead of me.

Anyone experiencing the same issue, and possible know what to do?

In the same period i've managed to national teams ranked better than Denmark, them being Cameroon and Croatia.

Thanks

I won the Norwegian league 4 times in a row, won the European Cup and was offered the Denmark job quite quickly after that (With my manager being English at that). So it's far from impossible. Since then I've been offered the England job (which I took), The Spain job twice, the Holland job twice and the Brazil job.

Has anyone ever had any offers from an International team? Because, it's a common process in reality & in all the FM'ers I never have had an offer. I'm just curious.

After 9 seasons in charge of Happy Valley, I was offered this :D,

HKjoboffer.png

So, it is possible.

Ive been offered the England job a few times in previous versions. in fm2011 I have not got past 4 seasons as of yet.. I get bored quite easily and the case that I want to try lower league management this time. To be honest I dont enjoy International management.. Its quite a bore but thats just my opinion

There are many topics about this throughout the forum... Basically it is most likely a question of wage and contract length you have with your club (a mix of "wage inflation problem" + "wrong evaluations of the contract" by the AI; all balance problems always hard to sort with so many variables in the mix).

Forgetting the first possible part of the problem (wage inflation), the AI is most likely "immediately" refusing/dropping a few options from Human managers because of an hypothetical big compensation fee to the club. Although as we all know (in most cases) the human player won't leave his current club (an old in-game option/mechanic) and as such no compensation would have been paid. This evaluation (by the AI) although necessary (especially when dealing with other AI managers), should only be put into equation at a later stage of the negotiation... may I suggest ;)

Mange R Madrid for 2 years, and got offered the Spain manager team. Took it and resign after 6 months coz I was bored and I prefer to click to through pre season :-D And every other 2 years, I got offered so many different national team jobs like England, France, Brazil, Argentina, Italy etc. Finally took Brazil around 2018 after they crash outta WC.

Archived