Too Much Expenditure

2wn7694.jpg

For Southampton, a League 1 club (i'm in my first season, 1st January) i seem to be losing alot of money each month

The expenditures with a red box are the ones i think are too high and i was wondering if there is any way to lower these?

The ones with a green box i'd like to know what they actually are and if there is any way of reducing costs

Well,ground maintenance is what it says. It takes money to keep your pitch on good/perfect condition.

Match day expenses,wish i knew where that comes from,but i guess it's pretty much the same around with maintenance(although 4M a year just for your stadium does seem kind of awkward...)

As for other and non-football costs.Well I guess that includes travelling and stuff like that for all your employees,your scouts won't fly to brazil or agentina for free. ;) (Still a lot of money for one year though if you ask me...)

Matchday expenses = paying for police, security, stadium cleaners, workers at the ground (ticket inspectors, club gear sellers etc ...) vendors at the ground, and I am sure other items similar also. They are sought of linked to ground expenses in some way

Non Footballing costs = price of secretaries, PR people, etc. If you consider the average salarvy pays about £2K a month (£24K a year is national average) then you are looking at a staff of 60 people running the club - thats definately not unrealistic.

Matchday costs = coaches/ planes/ trains + security, stewarding etc

Is ground maintenance only the pitch or the entire stadium?

On my save i've been with a very poor pitch for a couple of season but finally got some money to relay it so i'm hoping it will cut some expenses(besides allowing me to play short passing!)

I think its everything - its paying for the pitch and the groundsmen, cleaners and maitenance to the stadium.

Well, just to give an example, when the fa were trying to get wembly stadium updated the VACANT site was costing a £million a week to pay for. That was for security and the fact that they had to keep it in a state that could still be used in case the new stadium fell through. So £2 million a year doesn't sound unrealistic for a much smaller stadium in a better stare of repair.

I don't think they would include stuff like security etc.

It says ground maintanance.

It means keeping the ground in good condition including the pitch abd stands.

Southhampton moved to a new staduim a few years ago.

2 mil sounds a lot to me.

I think its everything - its paying for the pitch and the groundsmen, cleaners and maitenance to the stadium.

I guess it doesn't help that my stadium is on a "average" condition.. anyway i'm on the new season and despite having a new pitch i'm still spending 30k/month on Ground Maintenance.. somewhat frustrating since the revenue isn't great at this level and it just kills my bank balance completly despite keeping my wage budget really tight.

It's the realities of modern football. £30k a month is nothing, just consider the electricity bill for running the ground. £30k would pay for 7 full time staff, groundsmen and cleanersand £15k for bills and general maitenance, that's peanuts in real terms.

It's the realities of modern football. £30k a month is nothing, just consider the electricity bill for running the ground. £30k would pay for 7 full time staff, groundsmen and cleanersand £15k for bills and general maitenance, that's peanuts in real terms.

You have a point though i'm on a 3500 seater and only on the second tier so i wouldn't expect to spend that much.. and i'm on half of my proposed budget.. if i'd stick with it i'd be on massive debt.

No wonder i get news items every week from other teams getting their stands closed from the Health&Safety department

Just to give an example of what i'm talking about:

expenditure.jpg

The competition is the same and i had almost the same squad and staff as i'm keeping my staff and player wage really tight.. now look from one season to another the difference in ground maintenance and non-footballing costs(and other while at it) i just don't understand.. ? Maybe the stadium is getting progressively in ruins..? The actual condition is average.

It's just crippling my finances and i got my Academy cancelled because of it, just trying to understand this better, got the promotion to the top tier now and with the increased revenue and value of my squad it's going to be fine... it just seems to me that the game doesn't encourage to try and save your money..

Cheers

Archived