Robert Earnshaw in League One... madness...

Playing my third season as Brentford on FM10, coming up against an attack of Robert Earnshaw and Jonathan Walters for Bristol Rovers... I mean, how many League One defenders can hope to stave away that sort of threat? Also got Chris Smalling playing in League One, for Norwich I think...

Have any of you guys had this situation, where a player is seemingly playing at a level which seems much to low for him? Or, conversely, where a really poor player has been snapped up and is playing regularly for a high-flying team at a level which would seem to be way above him irl?

Does seem a bit weird, seeing as he'd only be about 32. Seems quite young to be dropping to that level. Maybe if he was 33-34.

Dunno. Maybe he got a bad injury leading to release, and BR snap him up.

Have they had a big takeover? They could have the money and the rep boost to make asuch a transfer, no doubt its a major coup.

Also, had they been promoted and then relegated? Therefore he would be with a relegated club, and not just dropped down a level. I had this problem in FM10, Wigan got relegated to the championship, as I got promoted (with AFC Telford). They managed to keep hold of, Rodellega, N'zogbia, N'gog, Watson etc, but they were so inconsistant, they never went back up. So I dreaded every time I had to play them because they never seemed to have an off day against me...

Archived