New Stadium.

Okay so heres the situation. I am Havant and Waterlooville and I am sitting in the championship. I regularly max out my stadium but thats due to be only having a max 4500 attendance. Imagine that in the Championship?

My chairman agrees to build a new stadium.

So I am buzzing that we will get a new stadium which in the long run means more money. I look at the boardroom request and it says it will take 4 years. Okay... So it's in planning... 2 years later theres an extra year added on. Gutted but I thought never mind.

Three years later and it gets halfway between being built although still stuck in 'planning' then the bombshell drops that it has to be cancelled due to not getting permission.

What!? Surely within the first few weeks of planning you would find that out.

So now, I'm still stuck with a rubbish stadium and losing money every year.

Quite likely not

I'm quite sure the minimum capacity rule for the Premier League was removed years back

And in fairness, Everton have been planning their stadium for more years than I can remember, multiple locations were said to be rejected by Liverpool council

Then planning of Kirkby went ahead, and was planned for 3 years before the Government prevented it

And Kings Dock first entered planning stages in 1996 before being completely scrapped in 2003

So not as unrealistic as you would think...

Archived