Would Everton be a good start?

and mostly struggle to stay in the Premier League.

To be fair to Everton and David Moyes, they have finished in or around the European places nearly every season since he took over the team as relegation strugglers in 2002, only being in one relegation battle in his eight full seasons in charge.

Evertons final league positions since Moyes took over as manager:

02/03 7th

03/04 17th

04/05 4th

05/06 11th

06/07 6th

07/08 5th

08/09 5th

09/10 8th

Like Dec mentioned, they are a good, mid-table team with a good squad, midfield in particular. Not rich but not really poor either. Some half decent youth prospects and a decent enough reputation.

Depends what type of game you want really. Do you want to spend lots of money getting the best players straight away? If so go one of the top European teams. Do you want to try to take a smaller team and turn them into a big club? If so then go as Blackpool or WBA, etc. For something inbetween go as Everton or Villa.

Or if you want to start from the very bottom, start unemployed or try a Blue Square Premier team. I had a very good game with AFC Wimbledon on FMH 2010.

I'm loving my save at Oxford United :) got them from League 2 to the Championship in 2 seasons, but now I'm kinda stuck in a rut, 17th after 31 games... although I'll enjoy the battle to move them up the Championship next season if it's too late to get into the playoffs.

Although as you're relatively new to the game I would recommend going with an obviously big club - Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd etc. just until you can get used to how the game functions and all that jazz. Before playing Oxford, I did 3 seasons at Barcelona and stomped on absolutely everything. The fact that I enjoyed it so much allowed me to really get used to the game and prepare for the battle of taking Oxford to the Prem lol.

I have decided that I will use Sampdoria from Serie A. I have done some research on this team before and they have only won the title once since they joined which was 1903. I reckon this club could pull off a win so I will try with this team. Thanks for your help above ^

Archived