Commercial Affiliate Clubs

On previous versions of FM the monetary benefit of a commercial affiliate could be seen in the increased monthly revenue from merchandising. This was significant in terms of increased merchandising vs. the annual cost of the affiliate.

In FM 11 I am playing as Fulham, came 2nd in Premiership last season and won the FA Cup. I am now in the Champions League, 3rd in the league and still in the domestic cups at Xmas. Finally my board found me a comercial affiliate - Toronto FC, paying £2.4 million a year for the privelage. Having watched my monthly merchandising revenue from the previous months I was recieving a total of about £140k per month. Since signing the affiliate this has only risen to about £210k - an increase of £70k per month or £840k per year. In previous FM's I would have expected an increase of at least £400k per month or £4.8million per year. So by my reckoning I am losing money now as I am paying £2.4 million a year but only gaining £840k per year in increased merchandising.

Has the model been changed in FM 11? What am I missing?

Thanks

Because I was already recieving £140k in merchandising revenue so it is only an increase of £140k which is below the break even threshold at its maximum. For 10 months of the year the total merchandising revenue is only £210k which makes it well below the break even threshold to make signing the commercial affiliate profitable.

In every single FM it has always 'been successfull' as you say - so that is why I asked "Has the model been changed in FM 11? What am I missing?". Do you know that this has been changed for FM 11...?

How is £280,000 below a break even threshold of £200,000?

Besides that, just because an affiliate has been arranged, it's no guarantee it will be a successful one.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone that is interested I think I have figured out how this has changed.

In previous FM's the monthly merchandising revenue would increase to its maximum as soon as you signed a commercial affiliate but then not increase anymore as a direct result of the affiliate. It appears that in FM11 this is staggered. For example, in the scenario described above, when I signed the affiliate the merchandising went up by £140k per month and then when the new season started it went up by an additional £140k per month consistently. Now I am wondering if this is a continuous thing or if that is my lot... However it is I think the new model, staggered, is better as is more representative of RL.

Archived