What aspects do you like to see in a team to select them to manage in a new game?

I like these:

1) Must be a lower division (not lower than 3rd. level) team; I hate starting out with a really top team, it leaves nowhere to go.

2) Must be rated no lower than "okay" in finances (hate to get a transfer embargo half way in).

3) Must not have too many loanees in club roster (limits options, esp. in lower league games), this is a big problem when looking for a starter team in the Italian league.

4) Must not have too many "Fierce" & "Other rivals" as every week seems to be a crunch game & fans are always moaning when you lose. Preferibly, the rivals are not all the very top teams in the league. It's also nice if the 1st. season expectations are reasonably modest.

5) Must have at least a small transfer budget (& wage-roll lower than wage roll budget) in 1st. season.

6) Must have at least one half-way decent GK on the roster.

Good choices for me are Evian, Hercules, Nottm Forest, Karlesrure.

What other aspects are other players looking for in their starter teams?

I always go for:

a lower league team in England (League 2 or lower) that I have never managed on FM/CM before (League 2 used to be the lowest it went back in the good old days, but I went for BSN this time round)

a somewhat decent stadium for the level

low pre-season expectations (mid-table or lower, generally relegation battlers) - this is to give me a season to assess players at the club, get rid of dead wood and bring in my own players without having to worry too much about results, other than not getting relegated

I don't look at the players until I've taken the job :D

Well: 1) Low Division

2) Nice outfit kit

3) Something I can make fun of,like the name.

For example,i now manage IK Tord,Swedish Second Division North Gotaland. Their home outfit is a light purple and their away a quite good yellow,love it. (here come the "gay" comments regarding the purple XD XD)

Plus it is predicted to be last in the division and has a LOCAL reputation. I just can't take out of my mind the image of a spokeperson mispelling the team's name when I get to first or premier division: And now the IK TUrds will face X away from their home...

Good times.... ;p

I don't look at the players until I've taken the job :D

1/ - I'm all for this one.

2/ - Must be a team I know almost nothing about.

3/ - Lower or preferably bottom league, but has reasonable facilities for the league standard.

4/ - and must like the strip as well, but sorry JamieWilliams, can't stand yellow. Must not have yellow in any of the strips. Makes me think of cowards..... Like strips with hoops, a la Sp. Covilha in Portugal or C. D. Leganes in Spain

A good name, badge and colour of kit. The rest of it is my job to work on.

This, I also generally like a stadium slightly above the normal for the league as I plan to be filling that shortly...Sometimes it will be the craziest thing that makes me pick a club, name of the Chariman or something else.

1) Not a big club. Big club = big expectations

2) No debt (although I don't mind little debt...) and solid finances

3) Biggish stadium, not rented preferably

4) Based in Asia, or some other obscure country (to start off my career at least)

5) has potential to win league titles and champions league

Archived