Work Permit Issue!!

Nope im not going to ask about them because i understand them to a decent standard but...

in my 1st season as West Brom i signed a Russian Striker who was 18 and a really good player (or will turn out to be) anyway he couldnt get a work permit so i had a feeder club where i could send him so i signed him anyway for £2.2m...hes now been there for close to 2 and a half years, hes captain of Russias U-21 team and has around 25 caps for the U21, is there any reason this guy shouldnt be given a work permit? im offering him First Team Player status and around 20k so he isnt going to play reserve team football

His contract is up in the summer and there has been interest from clubs like Liverpool and Anderlecht and i dont want to have paid £2.2m plus 3years wages for a player who has never played a game for me!

Nope im not going to ask about them because i understand them to a decent standard but...

in my 1st season as West Brom i signed a Russian Striker who was 18 and a really good player (or will turn out to be) anyway he couldnt get a work permit so i had a feeder club where i could send him so i signed him anyway for £2.2m...hes now been there for close to 2 and a half years, hes captain of Russias U-21 team and has around 25 caps for the U21, is there any reason this guy shouldnt be given a work permit? im offering him First Team Player status and around 20k so he isnt going to play reserve team football

His contract is up in the summer and there has been interest from clubs like Liverpool and Anderlecht and i dont want to have paid £2.2m plus 3years wages for a player who has never played a game for me!

It's a well-known flaw in the game. You have a couple of options:

1) transfer list him. When Liverpool come in for him, negotiate £0 up front and double his value over 24 months with a hefty sell-on fee. You could also try a buy-back clause, which I have yet to have turned down.

2) if your feeder club is Belgian, he should be a citizen by the end of the third year (or is it fourth, sorry if I'm wong) and you can take the chance that he'll sign for you at the end of the three years, and not one of the bigger clubs.

3) a bit of a cheat, but since it's resolving an obvious flaw, you might not feel like it's cheating. Use FMM to give him a second nationality that doesn't need a permit.

Good luck.

cheers mate, wont do the 3rd one and im just hoping the 2nd one can be done, because it is 3years and usually when ive done this they have managed to get one through the 3rd year but not this guy! just hope liverpool dont still want him at the end of season

I'm pretty sure work permits don't take notice of U21 caps, only full caps count in real life. Therefore it is not a flaw that he hasn't been given a permit.

More annoying is when you sign a player, send him out for 3 years, then he spends another year in your reserves because he is 'considering citizenship'. Donkey.

He needs to be in that country to get citizenship. Send him off for a couple of days and wait - he should take it (if not, then you may as well get rid of him).

Generally, sending them to Belgium or whatever is flawed as it stunts their development. If they're good, try sending them to Spain or something where their reputation will rise faster.

A player needs to have played in 75% of all International (not Under-21) matches he's available for in the past 2 years, so your young player obviously fails criteria one.

They are talented players. The United Kingdom wants to protect itself from immigration and particularly low-skilled workers, but would obviously like to welcome highly-skilled workers such as Anderson, because they benefit the country.

Breno may be uncapped but he's a young talent with a moderately high reputation, and hence gets a work permit fairly easily, on appeal.

Archived