Players getting tired.

Hi there.

Since patch 11.2.1 I have a really big problem keeping my players fresh especially if I play with a team that doesn't have a squad big enough to rotate players during midweek or whenever they get tired.

What can be done in your opinion to get through this "every 3 days a game" weeks without mass injury and totally tired squad.

Do I need to change tactics, are there certain settings that make you players go tired very fast?

Do I need to change the match preparation workload or rest players after every game for one day?

Would be nice to hear what you guys do against tired legs.

Cheers.

I always tend to give players a couple of days rest after a game when the next game is 6 days or more away. Seems to kee them reseasonbly fresh most of the time. I dont rest players between week and midweek games.

I always tend to give players a couple of days rest after a game when the next game is 6 days or more away. Seems to kee them reseasonbly fresh most of the time. I dont rest players between week and midweek games.

Well that wouldn't really help in my case.

I don't have a problem with players being fresh if the next game is 6 days away then they are usually at 100% but if the next game is only 3 or 2 days away 75% of my squad are listed as "tired" under fitness and usually around 85%-89% condition.

This mostly leads to bad performances in game but I really don't have any alternative from playing them since my squad is very small and I don't have the funds to buy players atm.

Hire a fitness coach to focus on stamina.

And if you don't have the cash to buy players then about loaning some players out?

I'm currently managing Lazio and I have a policy of culling the squad when I take over, usually leaves me with not enough players to cover every position. So I loan players from wherever I can, just for cover, they are mainly bench fillers for the season. But it's handy if a player gets to 50% on the 60th minute and you're 2-0 up, bring on your loan player. Also handy having the loan player when you are playing a team below your league. As you can play them instead of your normal squad.

Signing loan players doesn't upset players either, not like when you sign too many players for the one position (like if I sign a D/DMC specifically to play in midfield and then my defender gets upset because of competition etc.)

With Lazio I currently have 5 players on loan at the club. And I never have a spare keeper so I always loan a Keeper each season instead of buying one.

Archived