Transfers

This is probably, the 1651564th thread about this, but the transfer system is completely bugged.

I can only sell a player (great or poor/young or old) for his value, tops.

Ways to avoid this? Try to loan the player, and (get incredibly high loan just for a season or even half), sometimes, almost half of his current value with a choice to sell him for his price (or loan/sell him next season), so here we will get easily an extra 30%.

Another way is to sell the player with "50% of next transfer". Even if I get 20 clubs bidding for a player, they only offer bids for his value, no matter what I ask, but they always seem to be very comprehensible with this "50% on the next transfer", and I can eventually get a nice transfer. It feels like, I'm cheating, but it's the only way out.

The bad thing here, is that AI can sell players for pretty good values, easily for the double of his value (if he's promising, which is normal).

I don't know why SI changed the transfer system, it seemed better in the previous FM versions, probably need a few adjustments, here and there, but I think this was definitely a step back. I thought this would be sorted out in the first or second patch, but I guess I was wrong.

It's better than it used to be. But more random too.

I managed to get Villa to sign Bentley on a loan to buy deal-8.5mill-which is great business and well above his market value. He turned them down eventually and i had to sell him for 4.5 but whatever the principle applies.

I also sold kranjcar(top player) for 7.5mill, so the transfer system is getting there imo. It just needs another tweak. It's fine if you are a reasonably wealthy club in this game, but less than that it must be pretty unplayable due to only being able to sell for market value or less and of course the job bug.

7.5mill for a top player doesn't seem that much to me.

I find the system bugged, specially on teams we are managing, we just can't sell him above his value, but AI managed teams can. I usually don't manage top teams (some low-division here and there, and mostly teams facing relegation). I find it very hard to sell players, at least attending to their quality. Usually the club I'm managing become pretty wealthy, because I'm usually playing above expectations and I use those "50% next transfer".

A few examples that appear a lot in FM, but are totally unreal: FCP (Oporto) usually sell their top players for >20mill, each one of them. In FM they barely make 25mill with 3 top players. Big example: Hulk is usually bought in FM for 15-17mill (if he's going to be sold in real life, he's going to cost at least 25, probably more). Who says Hulk, says Falcao, and others just in one team.

In overall, I think the players value should be more affected (mostly value added) by his in-game skills and specially, his performances.

The reason you can't sell for higher than the value is because you want to sell.

If a club is interested in your star player i.e Bale

If he isnt for sale and they want to tbiy they will either bid higher than his value or ask how much you want??? This is where you can get more money that the value.

Its the same IRL most of the time.

That would be fine cuzn1984 - if the AI bid for my players.

If your players are happy and your team is sucessful the AI never bothers to bid. So the only way to sell is to offer out.

Then, a host of offers, none of which will be above the face value, regardless of what you offered out at. The transfer offer screen when you offer a player out may as well not exist.

People just find it frustrating that to buy a player it costs 3 times his face value, but to sell a player is always just the value. It gets a bit samey and is in no way like real life.

The reason you can't sell for higher than the value is because you want to sell.

If a club is interested in your star player i.e Bale

If he isnt for sale and they want to tbiy they will either bid higher than his value or ask how much you want??? This is where you can get more money that the value.

Its the same IRL most of the time.

What? Very, very hardly you get more than his market value price.

AI seems to be accurate between their transfers, and when it comes to sell players to you (usually for the double, or even the triple of his value, easily). Even when they offer (because they want to sell), and if you wanna buy him, you have no choice than just pay whatever they want, basically (and it's not his market value, not at all).

It's not like IRL, not at all, it clearly needs to be fixed as AI seems to get nice values, and you just can't. This and some crazy loans, when sometimes AI pays you almost what you can get in a transfer, which is ridiculous.

why would you complain that no teams make offers for your star players?

You can easily sell someone for more than their in game value, i showed it in another thread, sold Bale in the first week of the game for more than double his value after offering him out to clubs.

why would you complain that no teams make offers for your star players?

You can easily sell someone for more than their in game value, i showed it in another thread, sold Bale in the first week of the game for more than double his value after offering him out to clubs.

You said you did but showed no screenshots. I think your one of the very few that gets double someones value after offering him out. Show us the screenshots of them transfers you listed.

I have played this game since the beginning and the transfer system has never really worked. Every year I like to copy the idea created by Kipfish and create a squad of superstars to see what happens.

Back in FM07/08 there would be offers/enquiries almost every week for several of the players. I got incredibly annoying having to enter an acceptable fee / extra's each and every time or tell them how much I wanted etc. It was very rare though that players stuck around at a team and within a couple of years the original team was decimated with the players going off all over the globe.

I didn't get FM09, but in FM10 they had made changes as they have in FM11. I run the same scenarios now, but hardly ever do I receive a bid for any of the players. Half of them will spend a whole season with wtd next to their name, there are a multitude of press comments, but never bids, once you set a high value for a player.

Whilst I can see that if a young godlike player was at Man Utd, there might not be bids, I am creating these players in a low league team. Every single one of these players makes the full national team with 2 seasons, yet they stay where they are without a bid coming in!

In my current save, the team has just made it to the Championship, not one player has left and I haven't received a single bid for any of them. There is no way that this bears any resemblence to what would happen.

I have also taken over management of the squad and then tried selling off the players. These players are all CA190+ with a PA of 200 and all are now valued at £20m+. The press are always mentioning fees of a minimum of £27m yet if I try to offer them to clubs all I get offered are what they are worth or a couple of million more. I see players from AI teams who are not fit to tie the boot laces of these players going for £30m+ but when I offer these players out for say £40m, I never get an offer of more than £25m.

Granted I got sick of how the transfer system ws in 07/08, but at least then I could sell players to keep the wage bill manageable. As it is, it's nigh on impossible to sell even godlike players.

There is something weird going on. I'm getting a ton of bad unsolicited offers. Even right now, for some reason all the clubs (at least 10) have offered somewhere between €5,000 and €25,000 for my young high-potential GK worth €150,000. They're ******* and I can't be bothered to click reject any more. But he's my starting GK and it ruins his morale and this makes me angry.

7.5mill for a top player doesn't seem that much to me.

7.5mill is Spurs asking price in real life, according to alot of reports. Kranjcar would not be bought for more than that. Why? Because he would not be bought by a top 4 club. I sold Bentley for 8.5mill and so on.

As an experiment, i tried to sell Bale for £50mill, the max bid i got was £32mill and that was without negotiating. Also, his market value was under 10mill and he only had one season under his belt. VdV i could have gotten 16mill as part of the experiment. The fact is not many clubs have the money nor need to spend on big players. I do see, however, the likes of barca buying from other AI teams for 20m+, also chelsea spending £30mill on Hazard. Maybe it is to do with pre-determined reputations?

I do agree with you, the transfer system is horribley unbalanced and unfair, but it is improving. Atleast we aren't seeing Tevez > Liverpool for £9million anymore.

I am currently playing Ajax. Am in 2014 now and I did not get 1 single enquiry or 1 bid for any of my players. When you offer them you can only get his value and nothing more.

Everybody wanted suarez up to 15 clubs all top clubs wanted him. But none of them made an enquiry or atleast a bid. I transfer listed him on his own request and 0 bids.

So he is still in my team and I am happy ofcourse but the transfer system on this manager game of 2011 is very poor and not working properly

7.5mill is Spurs asking price in real life, according to alot of reports. Kranjcar would not be bought for more than that. Why? Because he would not be bought by a top 4 club. I sold Bentley for 8.5mill and so on.

As an experiment, i tried to sell Bale for £50mill, the max bid i got was £32mill and that was without negotiating. Also, his market value was under 10mill and he only had one season under his belt. VdV i could have gotten 16mill as part of the experiment. The fact is not many clubs have the money nor need to spend on big players. I do see, however, the likes of barca buying from other AI teams for 20m+, also chelsea spending £30mill on Hazard. Maybe it is to do with pre-determined reputations?

I do agree with you, the transfer system is horribley unbalanced and unfair, but it is improving. Atleast we aren't seeing Tevez > Liverpool for £9million anymore.

Agreed, this patch was the best till now, but still need a lot of adjustments. Seems that they started all over again in the transfer system since FM2010, when IMO, it just needed some improvements. The worst thing is to sell youngsters, really. AI gets, quite easily, 2x or 3x his value, and when I try to sell one, even if there are 15 clubs bidding, they all bid his market value, no more no less.

I bought a young striker from Arsenal for £8M and loaned him out for the season for £8M. Very nice, but not very realistic.

True. Almost feels like cheating to me. Those stupid loans, and selling out every single player with the "50% next transfer". With those bugs I usually make some good money, making the transfer more "realistic".

Well if all milnerpoints transfers were done genuinely then we all must be doing something wrong, what, I couldnt tell you. Some of them prices are still too low. Bale, Hudd & Lennon for definate but I aint gonna quibble because the rest seemed right.

Those prices are way too low, Bale would simply not be sold or 12million, even before this season. But Milners-point was that you can sell a player for double their market price(which are all stupidly low anyway). Bale starts with a 6.5 market price. God knows why, it's idiotic but there you go

I'm not having too many problems with the transfer market. I've been able to get good prices for some players but not others, which is what I'd expect really.

Here are my sales from the last two seasons (with the player value in brackets):

Aliou Eliassou £7.5m (£3.2m)

Matias Ballester £6.75m (2.8m)

Gilson £3.5m (£525k)

Regino Vanitou £1.2m (£1.1m)

Markus Gutzer £2.5m (£2.8m)

Rico Bach £1.8m (£1.8m)

Rodrigo £5m (£3.2m)

Jules Lembi £2.5m (£1.8m)

Stefan Sauer £11m (£3.8m)

Sime Vrsaliko £1.7m (£1.3m)

I think it comes down to how good the player is that you are selling and how much demand there is for him. All of the players that I got 'good' bids for were talented young players on modest wages, the ones I accepted smaller bids for were mostly older players who had already peaked and were on decent wages.

Those prices are way too low, Bale would simply not be sold or 12million, even before this season. But Milners-point was that you can sell a player for double their market price(which are all stupidly low anyway). Bale starts with a 6.5 market price. God knows why, it's idiotic but there you go

thats a different point, maybe someone from SI could comment on why his value is so low in the game, im going to have to assume its because in the game spurs have had no real sucess in recent seasons and thus their rep is quite low, although i do agree in todays market Bale would go for much more than 12m, Lennon and others might have taken more in as well in real life, but the only two players i asked for more than their face value was Bale and Modric, for some reason couldnt sell Modric which i found strange, well not for more than 10m, bale was very easy to sell for far more than his market value, i offered him for 15m, had 4 bids at that value and the liverpool bid at 12m he chose them in the end.

I'm not having too many problems with the transfer market. I've been able to get good prices for some players but not others, which is what I'd expect really.

Here are my sales from the last two seasons (with the player value in brackets):

Aliou Eliassou £7.5m (£3.2m)

Matias Ballester £6.75m (2.8m)

Gilson £3.5m (£525k)

Regino Vanitou £1.2m (£1.1m)

Markus Gutzer £2.5m (£2.8m)

Rico Bach £1.8m (£1.8m)

Rodrigo £5m (£3.2m)

Jules Lembi £2.5m (£1.8m)

Stefan Sauer £11m (£3.8m)

Sime Vrsaliko £1.7m (£1.3m)

I think it comes down to how good the player is that you are selling and how much demand there is for him. All of the players that I got 'good' bids for were talented young players on modest wages, the ones I accepted smaller bids for were mostly older players who had already peaked and were on decent wages.

The AI seem fine when bidding for talented young players. It's the lack of (reasonable) bids for squad players that's the problem.

This actually makes sense, but the AI gets a bit screwy in that regard sometimes.

I was offered a player in one save for $775k. Since other teams were interested and made that bit, I offered $950k plus a 20% of future fee clause. The club accepted ALL of the $775k offers, but turned down my offer of $950k.

When I offer out players, I will offer a player who is worth, say, $3mil for $4mil-$5mil, and teams always return to me with offers of $3mil (sometimes with future fee clauses, sometimes not). I usually accept them anyway, but I share the OPs frustration for sure. I also definitely think it's reasonable that, even if you are offering out a player, you should be able to grab something more than his value. I have a theory that this has to do with the "set player to not needed" when offering players out, but haven't tested that out yet.

The AI seem fine when bidding for talented young players. It's the lack of (reasonable) bids for squad players that's the problem.

If a squad player is already at his peak then I wouldn't expect to get much more than his value, especially if he hasn't been playing regularly.

I'm not sure if it is quite the same with FM2011 yest but with FM2010 the key to getting good bids was to sell the players at (or before) the peak of their careers while they are playing a key role in your team. Clubs are more likely to pay over the top for a player who looks important to a club, they won't make silly bids for players rotting in the reserves, however good they are.

If a squad player is already at his peak then I wouldn't expect to get much more than his value, especially if he hasn't been playing regularly.

I'm not sure if it is quite the same with FM2011 yest but with FM2010 the key to getting good bids was to sell the players at (or before) the peak of their careers while they are playing a key role in your team. Clubs are more likely to pay over the top for a player who looks important to a club, they won't make silly bids for players rotting in the reserves, however good they are.

I agree, but the issue is that when WE bid for the AI's players, we can seldom get them at reasonable prices, though I admit it might be a bit of selection bias as we rarely target average players to be used for squad rotation :p

I think there are 3 effects here:

1) The valuation of the players being too low

2) AI seldom bidding the asking price

3) AI not "smart" enough to target players that might be out-of-favour

I have a theory that this has to do with the "set player to not needed" when offering players out, but haven't tested that out yet.

Same thing. Sometimes I offer the player without putting him to transfer list and/or not needed, and I get the exact same thing.

As i earlier commented, the only way out seems to sell the player for his price + "50% next transfer", which is kind of unreal, specially for <23years old. And if you try that, every single player you offer by his value + 50%, AI make that bid right away.

Worst than that, are those outrageous loans, where you can very easily get 30% of the players value (sometimes even 100% of players value, without buy clause), and if you have the buy clause on the loan (usually a bit over his value), on the final days of the loan, AI seems to make a bid covering that clause every now and then.

Archived