When the team's reputation/history, rules over the quality of their players.

So, i'm managing an unkown portuguese team, in 3 years i moved up 2 divisions and now i'm playing against the best.

6 or 7 years later i'm still there.

Until now i think i've played in like 5 or 6 cup finals, lost them all ..

Just 5 minutes ago i played against Porto in another cup final .. obviously i lost .. but the statistics and the quality of our players in general made me come here.

This is what happened:

maisum.jpg

Pretty even match right? .. Except of course i had 8 clear cut chances, they had 0! .. they score five, i score two goals.

Let's take a look at my goalkeeper:

simonochieng.jpg

Pretty good, right? all the right stats are there, not perfect but very good..

How can that guy conceed that amount of goals when Porto had 0 CCC's?

Since i do not want to be unfair, Porto's goalkeeper is also a good one, Matej Delac.

Now, why does their fullback play like he is Roberto Carlos when the only thing he can do is run? Because he's fast and he plays in a well known team?

Both of my fullbacks can also run fast and overall are way better so why did they played like amateurs against Porto in this match?

Let me guess, because their wingers are world class? Nope, Very good players? Nope .. they are just average/good like my own wingers.

They played with a mexican striker with 9 finishing, while my striker has 17 with good composure, off the ball, balance, antecipation.

Well, maybe it's just bad luck.. i must have TREMENDOUS bad luck then ..

astonvilla.jpg

3 shots hit the woodwork, one after missing a penalty.

portos.jpg

..and so on..

I find it amazing that i have all of my centre defenders with high concentration and other very good stats, and yet, it only takes one,two, three chances for poorly constructed teams with bad players to score.

I did not lose my first game and immediately said FM is far from being a fully enjoyable game, i played for 10 years in that save and i've been playing FM/CM for a long time now .. but i wouldn't be playing for so long if i didn't find any joy in this.

I just think the quality of our players should have more of a significance instead of teams like Porto, with high reputation having the upper hand even before the season starts.

PS: Inicially, i had 10 screenshots prepared for this but apparently i can only submit 4. The ones missing were screenshots of both my fullbacks and one of theirs and a few other statistics examples.

Reputation is a considerable influence on the players' morale on matchday. If your team's reputation is higher, your players become complacent. If team reputation is lower, they become nervous. You could say that morale is too effective.

Every CCC won't convert into the goal, i think you know that well.... What is the intelligence factor of yours striker, do they have good composure and finishing...

The one i use most games has 17 finishing, 14 composure and off the ball .. he shouldn't score on every chance he gets i know but he should do a little better.

The one i use most games has 17 finishing, 14 composure and off the ball .. he shouldn't score on every chance he gets i know but he should do a little better.

there are 2 important hidden attribute; consistency, important matches .... maybe they are low.....

or maybe the player is not able to handle pressure (another hidden attribute) when surrounded...

if not any of them ... then its simply bad luck....

Archived