Training Tackling...

Here you go, quote from Riz in this thread

Marking, positioning and movement can be assigned as an individual training focus only at clubs with higher level of training facilities, where it is possible to use video equipment to help players analyse their movements on the pitch etc. to help them improve in these areas. You'll notice that these individual focuses are not available at lower level clubs with lesser facilities.

With tackling being a lot more physically involved area of the game, you really cannot work on it on your own outside of actual squad based training imho. Hence it has been excluded from the individual focuses.

I dunno, while it's annoying when you'd really like to improve someone's tackling, I did think it made sense that I couldn't do this. I'm not sure exactly how you're going to improve tackling all on your own. Much like say, off the ball, which I also can't train. Running around on your own on a full sized pitch, it's pretty easy to find space...

I didn't know about the video tracking allowing you to train movement.

I must say that being able to train certain skills individually, and the fact that crossing is no longer a part of set piece training (which meant that my wingers were the only people ever doing set piece training, and that SOLELY for crossing), is a nice improvement to training.

Archived