Player Value problem?

I am intrigued as to how a player's value is calculated in FM11.

I am at Atletico CP, in the Portuguese Second division Central, in 2018. I have been managing them for 5 years now and since season 1 I had been watching my star player develop. Promoted at 15 years old, he was already the best player in the team. 5 years on he is a fantastic player but his value keeps decreasing and I have no idea why.

He has been wanted by a myriad of clubs across Europe for the whole 5 years with teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, AC Milan and Real Madrid having declared interest and had bids rejected by me. His value started at 20k as a 15 year old and quickly rose to 130k by the end of season 2. Since then though it has dropped to 80k as of season 5.

His contract has another 3 years on it so it isn't to do with contract expiry approaching withing a season.

His stats for his 5 years are from year 1 at the top to current season at the bottom:

Played Goals Assists MOM Av. Rating

29 10 10 4 7.23

29 13 13 9 7.54

20 7 6 3 7.30

30 21 17 8 7.81

17 7 18 5 7.81

So to me, he is improving each year but his value doesn't increase, rather it is decreasing. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

It's really about reputation, on my previous save i had a really good young CB that i got on a free transfer and his reputation was local and just couldn't get any loan bids for him though i could easily loan other players that were worse but had better reputation.

You don't happen to have a screenshot of when you got him do you? That's some impressive progress right there.. is he on a part-time contract as well?

It's really about reputation, on my previous save i had a really good young CB that i got on a free transfer and his reputation was local and just couldn't get any loan bids for him though i could easily loan other players that were worse but had better reputation.

You don't happen to have a screenshot of when you got him do you? That's some impressive progress right there.. is he on a part-time contract as well?

I dont have a screenshot of him at 15 I'm afraid. He was clearly a stand out player and I did all I could to nurture him.

His rep at the moment is National and he is currently wanted by 9 teams including 3 premiership and FC Porto.

And yes part time contract.

Very impressive.. he could easily walk into any Portuguese top tier team.. it's a shame if you can't get a good bid for him.

I just asked because i'm managing Real SC and also started at that tier(hate the promotion playoff!) and a couple of youngsters walked straight into my team, nowhere near as good as that though.

Yeah I was lucky he got promoted into my youth team. All I did was make sure he could improve by playing him. And yeah I hate the promotion playoff! I started at Maritimo B team and ran away with the league twice before losing the playoff twice!!

5th time lucky I hope this year at Atletico CP- 9 games left, 6 pts clear

I don't know the standard of the league you are playing but judging by the guy's history for your club, he is an excellent player for that level.

But unless my scouts came back with a very good report on his potential ability, I would not sign him for any English prem team.

I don't mean any offence because you've done a great job with him so far but he is lacking in some key areas.

He has great pace and good decisions. His crossing and dribbling are decent for a 20 year old and his movement off the ball is good but his tecker's, flair and creativity are pretty bad for an AM-R.

His mental's, anticipation, concentration ETC could do with a boost too.

And 75k sounds like a decent price for a 20 year old part timer.

He does seem to be worth more to your team though, so don't sell him.

You've done great on his development mate, well done. ;)

Thanks for the reply and cheers for the compliment :D

I dont plan on selling him but he wont sign a new deal so time could be running out- I have to hope I get promoted and maybe the lure of the higher level with entice him to signing a new deal.

Is there any way of developing mental attributes like you put above, or is it programmed into a players personality and make-up?

• 2 months later...

if he is on a part time contract then unfortunately his value will never be that high, because his contract would not cost that much to buy out, its unfortunate because he has been superb for you but its one of the draw backs of being a part time club. I would imagine if you got promoted and he went full time you could get a half million for him easily.

Archived