completely unrealistic

I notice this always happens when you manage in a specific league. If you choose the Premier League and banter with Wenger then he'll stay but if you manage abroad, he will likely move to join you. I think a certain manager once labelled him a voyeur. Seems that the programmers have followed up on this.

i will tell you whats unrealistic, the english F.A Cup being the 6th most popular competition in the world, even more so than the dutch, russian, turkish and portuguese leagues, Why are cups even included? surely for the dynamic league rep it should be just that LEAGUES, the longer i go into my save the more things i start to notice that are unbelievable

It's highly unlikely Wenger would leave Arsenal for Milan, but not impossible. Who knows what he would do if Arsenal finished 5th this or next season, he'd probably have his sacking called for atleast. It's only unrealistic when Wenger leaves a title chasing Arsenal side for some middle of the road team in La Liga like Sevilla who are mid-table. Then you would have a case/

What is the problem? Perhaps he fancied a change - was offered a crazy deal - fell out with the Arsenal board, or a whole host of perfectly resonable excuses. Oh and by the way I'm older than 12.

€41.5K per week

i will tell you whats unrealistic, the english F.A Cup being the 6th most popular competition in the world, even more so than the dutch, russian, turkish and portuguese leagues, Why are cups even included? surely for the dynamic league rep it should be just that LEAGUES, the longer i go into my save the more things i start to notice that are unbelievable

i think i watched more FA Cup games than dutch, russian, turkish and portuguese leagues

dude, FA Cup is the oldest association football competition in the world

Yeah you losing 1 out of 38 games in the league is realistic too right...

im good. i won the treble by winning the Copa Italy and Serie A alongside the EURO Cup

Arsene moved to Sevilla in my game, I didn't make a thread about it because it may be "unrealistic" I just got on with my game.

EDIT:

Rafa Benitez is also manager of Spain on my game and Alan Curbishley manager of Liverpool (who have more surprisingly won the premierleague the past two seasons)

To be fair, AC Milan's offers tend to be huge. I've been offered the job twice on my game and the wage they offer is off the charts. I was offered £2.5M wage budget and £100M transfer budget the first time they offered it (1.8M and 80M the second time (they hired the "wrong" guy after I turned them down and he spent them into mid-table)). I really don't believe Arsene Wenger would really turn an offer like that down, especially not since Arsenal do not appear to be doing all that well in your game.

I wouldn't call it completely unrealistic, unlikely sure, unrealistic? only a little

Reputation-wise, both teams are quite similar, and in that-save Milan will have Champions League Football next season whereas Arsenal won't be

Correct me if I'm wrong, but apart from his first season in charge, Arsenal have never finished outside the top 4 since he took over, so an outside top 4 for Arsenal could easily have him pressured out or for him decide he is no longer able to push them

Alot of savegames I hear about have him leave for Sevilla, which is a stupid and unrealistic move, personally, I'd prefer your games outcome

Also consider, in FM there isn't a "Will never leave" routine, especially for staff (coaches/managers) who will leave the moment an offer comes in, providing wage demands are met and the reputation is calculated high enough

The FA Cup is the most famous cup competition in the world. Most players consider a FA cup winners medal as good as having a World cup or European cup winners medal. It's considered a great honour to win it more so than winning any of the leagues you have mentioned.

I sort of agree that the FA Cup shouldn't be in there

After all, it was touted as Dynamic League Reputation lol :p

Of course, the big question would be, do they improve and decline as normal competitions? Or are they static? After-all would be abit silly for the FA Cup to still be in the top 10 if the Premier League was to be 30th in 100 seasons time lol

But then, the AI treats national cups as a joke anyway, never feels like an achievement winning them :( (60%+ of top league teams will be out of the cups with the first round they enter, and the semi's will always have at least one 2/3 tier side)

€41.5K per week

i think i watched more FA Cup games than dutch, russian, turkish and portuguese leagues

maybe tht is because your british, but the fa cup has no significance anywhere else in the world , the dynamic league should be for leagues only cups should just be as popular as the nations ranking, i feel as though if i win my 3 star league and get into the champions league, i wont get as much credit as say an english championship side for winning the fa cup? ( if it happens) its totally logical, imo it needs some work for next year.

€41.5K per week

maybe tht is because your british, but the fa cup has no significance anywhere else in the world , the dynamic league should be for leagues only cups should just be as popular as the nations ranking, i feel as though if i win my 3 star league and get into the champions league, i wont get as much credit as say an english championship side for winning the fa cup? ( if it happens) its totally logical, imo it needs some work for next year.

absolutely right. no one cares about your little cup here in germany for example...

The FA Cup is the most famous cup competition in the world. Most players consider a FA cup winners medal as good as having a World cup or European cup winners medal. It's considered a great honour to win it more so than winning any of the leagues you have mentioned.

complete nonsense, maybe to English people it is the biggest cup comp in the world but no one outside of Britain will think this, very few people outwith England give the comp any thought at all and it definitely is not considered a bigger honour than any major league trophey from any country. Without sounding like a ***** that has to be one of the most arrogant statements i have ever read. Anyway you only have to look at all the reserve sides being played in this years comp to realise how wrong you are, most clubs in the EPL dont care at all about the FA cup now they are more interested in the league.

Arsene moved to Sevilla in my game, I didn't make a thread about it because it may be "unrealistic" I just got on with my game.

Same thing in my save (posted this in another thread).

His contract in Arsenal was 7M euro per annum, his new contract in Sevilla was 1.8M.

Arsenal were 4th but just two points behind the leader (and with one game postponed), Sevilla was near the bottom of Spanish league.

Calling this "unrealistic" would be an understatement. This is a BUG.

how old are you? 12?

I'm 32 mate, and what's with the attitude? I was genuinely asking you why you felt the news item was unrealistic. Do you think it is unrealistic that Wenger would leave Arsenal to manage Milan? If so, then why not just say that? A vague topic title and an opening post that contains no words whatsoever - just a screenshot - is not really a good way to start a discussion is it? To then go on and insult 3 people who actually tried to engage in the discussion is plain rude.

complete nonsense, maybe to English people it is the biggest cup comp in the world but no one outside of Britain will think this, very few people outwith England give the comp any thought at all and it definitely is not considered a bigger honour than any major league trophy from any country. Without sounding like a ***** that has to be one of the most arrogant statements i have ever read. Anyway you only have to look at all the reserve sides being played in this years comp to realise how wrong you are, most clubs in the EPL dont care at all about the FA cup now they are more interested in the league.

Which team played there reserves like ?im a leeds fan and arsenal besides a couple of players played at full strength and those players in general are always in the 1st team squad just about all the prem teams played at nearly full strength last week by the odd player or two and i guarantee you if you were to travel the world most people would know more about the fa cup and teams in it the the likes of scottish league or turkish league etc. you always hear foreign managers and players from allover speak about how well known the fa cup is worldwide

Which team played there reserves like ?im a leeds fan and arsenal besides a couple of players played at full strength and those players in general are always in the 1st team squad just about all the prem teams played at nearly full strength last week by the odd player or two and i guarantee you if you were to travel the world most people would know more about the fa cup and teams in it the the likes of scottish league or turkish league etc. you always hear foreign managers and players from allover speak about how well known the fa cup is worldwide

Blackpool played a completely unknown team compared to their regular prem team, Arsenal played a weak team, Sunderland didnt put out their top team, Newcastle just didnt turn up full stop.

Your second statement is rubbish, the Scottish league is very well known throughout the world, its maybe not held in that high a regard but we're talking about a cup being more well known than a national league from a major british country your also forgetting the fact that rangers and celtic are two of Europes most well known clubs. You do hear foreign managers talk about the FA cup, in English newspapers, funny that. Honestly if you really think anyone out-with England classes the FA cup as anything more than just another domestic trophy you are very badly mistaken.

Blackpool played a completely unknown team compared to their regular prem team, Arsenal played a weak team, Sunderland didnt put out their top team, Newcastle just didnt turn up full stop.

Your second statement is rubbish, the Scottish league is very well known throughout the world, its maybe not held in that high a regard but we're talking about a cup being more well known than a national league from a major british country your also forgetting the fact that rangers and celtic are two of Europes most well known clubs. You do hear foreign managers talk about the FA cup, in English newspapers, funny that. Honestly if you really think anyone out-with England classes the FA cup as anything more than just another domestic trophy you are very badly mistaken.

I think your mistaken ?? its about the cups rep worldwide not domestic, your telling me if you were to travel the world more people would know more about the scottish league then the english fa cup ?? yeah ok and the scottish league is very well known world wide ?? mmm you sure on that celtic and rangers mite be well known but i cant see the league its self been a big topic in other countries

Arsenal

arsenal team yeah very weak:confused:and sunderland and newcastle fielded strong enough teams hardly reserves is it they just got beat because they were't good enough on day not because there teams were weak

Blackpool played their reserves for example. Naming teams in the Cup isn't hard mate, any Premier League side will do until the 3rd round. I'm English and I couldn't care less about the Cup really, every bloody year we get the nauseating "magic of the Cup" crap. Certainly in FM it is overrated and only Leagues and European Competitions should be ranked in my opinion, the Cup is a nice thing to win if you're out of the title race and the Champions League as is the Carling Cup which is taken by the big teams as a competition of similar importance these days. Seeing the opinion of the non English guys on here it's pretty clear that the notion that foreign people and players love the Cup and consider it as prestigious as the World Cup for example is colossal rubbish spun by the media as normal.

Blackpool played their reserves for example. Naming teams in the Cup isn't hard mate, any Premier League side will do until the 3rd round. I'm English and I couldn't care less about the Cup really, every bloody year we get the nauseating "magic of the Cup" crap. Certainly in FM it is overrated and only Leagues and European Competitions should be ranked in my opinion, the Cup is a nice thing to win if you're out of the title race and the Champions League as is the Carling Cup which is taken by the big teams as a competition of similar importance these days. Seeing the opinion of the non English guys on here it's pretty clear that the notion that foreign people and players love the Cup and consider it as prestigious as the World Cup for example is colossal rubbish spun by the media as normal.

i could honestly say none of us in scotland give the comp any thought at all, definitely not holding it in any high regard, infact there was a very good story in one of the newspapers up here recently about how far down the FA cup had fallen, using the third round as an example of teams playing weak teams as they dont care that much if they are knocked out, staying in the EPL is far far more important and teams will keep their best players for those games.

i could honestly say none of us in scotland give the comp any thought at all, definitely not holding it in any high regard, infact there was a very good story in one of the newspapers up here recently about how far down the FA cup had fallen, using the third round as an example of teams playing weak teams as they dont care that much if they are knocked out, staying in the EPL is far far more important and teams will keep their best players for those games.

Yeah that's a fair point but the cups rep is based on a worldwide fanbase for it i presume not a individual 1

and ive just looked through all the prem team squads for there fa cup games last week and only blackpool played what you can consider a weaker team all others and at least half of there 1st team playing and the ones that came in were 1st team squad players

i watch scottish football myself on sky but only usely if its rangers or celtic

It's highly unlikely Wenger would leave Arsenal for Milan, but not impossible. Who knows what he would do if Arsenal finished 5th this or next season, he'd probably have his sacking called for atleast. It's only unrealistic when Wenger leaves a title chasing Arsenal side for some middle of the road team in La Liga like Sevilla who are mid-table. Then you would have a case/

Funny you should mention Sevilla, on a previous save I was playing (Serie A, Palermo) he did exactly that after the 10/11 season. Martin O'Neill took over at Arsenal and made them unbeatable.

€41.5K per week

The FA cup final is the only non-domestic and non European competition that I've ever seen broadcast live on public television in this country (and is also broadcast in many others). The Portuguese, Dutch, Russian leagues are definitely not on anyone's radar (they don't even get mentioned). We get a bit of coverage of German football (some highlights etc.) and they'll mention scores in the UK and Italy. So yes, I'd think no one would know if you won the Greek league or whatever, but yes, people around the world would know that the FA cup had been won by a Championship side.

complete nonsense, maybe to English people it is the biggest cup comp in the world but no one outside of Britain will think this, very few people outwith England give the comp any thought at all and it definitely is not considered a bigger honour than any major league trophey from any country. Without sounding like a ***** that has to be one of the most arrogant statements i have ever read. Anyway you only have to look at all the reserve sides being played in this years comp to realise how wrong you are, most clubs in the EPL dont care at all about the FA cup now they are more interested in the league.

Jose Mourinho said winning the FA cup was his best memory and his favourite competition.

can someone please answer this then ??? why is it called dynamic league??? why are domestic cups even apart of it? its total nonsense!! i suppose its an english thing though, the best league in the world and all that right?

Arsenal

arsenal team yeah very weak:confused:and sunderland and newcastle fielded strong enough teams hardly reserves is it they just got beat because they were't good enough on day not because there teams were weak

Given that Arsenal's first team eleven, given current injuries, is:

Fabianski

Sagna

Clichy

Koscielny

Djourou (or squillaci, who also played. Either is Kos's partner while Vermaelen is out.)

Song

Fabregas

Wilshere

Walcott

Nasri

Van Persie

So two first team players, then a bunch of VERY good second choice players. One of those 1st team players is only considered such due to a long term injury. Song was the only genuine best 11 player there. Sure it's a crime to call Arshavin, Rosicky, Chamack and Eboue "second string", but the fact is they are right now. Compare that lineup to the one that took on Chelsea.

Archived