Pitch additions for 2009

I think that on FM 2009 , when you play a big game e.g. cup game, derbys etc you should have police and stewards dotted around the pitch. But only have the police there towards the end of the game (like in real life!).Then when you score a few fans run on the pitch and if you win a mass pitch invasion should occur.

Would make it more realistic and add to the tension me thinks.

I think that on FM 2009 , when you play a big game e.g. cup game, derbys etc you should have police and stewards dotted around the pitch. But only have the police there towards the end of the game (like in real life!).Then when you score a few fans run on the pitch and if you win a mass pitch invasion should occur.

Would make it more realistic and add to the tension me thinks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

It's unnecessary. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that mean you are against the players surrounding the ref/lino after a dubious decision ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

Your boring.The 2d engine is good but it needs some new things on it to liven it up. Some interaction with the crowd would be top.

I think it'd be a nice aesthetic touch. Doesn't have to mean anything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blythgeordie:

I agree the 2d match engine needs livening up,but not like this.

It's especially useless when viewing a penalty decision,red card etc.

But as for crowd interaction,i think it would be a novelty that wears off very quickly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree if it happened week in week out. But like i mentioned before, if this was used sparingly it would be a great feature.

Just imagine a few jubilant fans running past the police to celebrate with the players! Then the stewards taking them out haha, or you, the manager, running towards your fans after a goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skeeny:

you, the manager, running towards your fans after a goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm the Valeriy Lobanovskiy kind of manager. I sit on the bench with a stone face no matter what.

The whole idea sounds interesting though. I wouldn't mind having it in the game.

Im the kind of manager who keeps a stern face, but when tempers flair, is a right little roughyn.

Picture this....

Penalty decision against my team in derby, 90th mintue... My keeper saves it. Then you see me, arms flayling everywhere icon_frown.gif

Skeeny - Your head is in the right place, just the idea you had is a little off base. I agree 100% that there needs to be more fan interaction. I don't know what it is like over Europe, let alone England, but I know back here in the states at a few of our sports venues we have a few local fan celebrities as you will. I'm referring to the Detroit Red Wings of the NHL, we got a guy that always dresses in Red Wing gear and dances around the arena like a fool.

It'd be "neat" to see something like "GOAL! Man Utd's Rooney runs over to (randomly generated name) and partakes in his crazy antics. It doesn't even have to be that lame of course. Even a simple Rooney runs over to the supporters and instantly engulfed or something like "Boston Utd flags are are in full force after this late goal!"

Obviously my ideas are off base as well, but I do agree with you skeeny that there definitely needs to be more fan interaction!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konnan511:

Skeeny - Your head is in the right place, just the idea you had is a little off base. I agree 100% that there needs to be more fan interaction. I don't know what it is like over Europe, let alone England, but I know back here in the states at a few of our sports venues we have a few local fan celebrities as you will. I'm referring to the Detroit Red Wings of the NHL, we got a guy that always dresses in Red Wing gear and dances around the arena like a fool.

It'd be "neat" to see something like "GOAL! Man Utd's Rooney runs over to (randomly generated name) and partakes in his crazy antics. It doesn't even have to be that lame of course. Even a simple Rooney runs over to the supporters and instantly engulfed or something like "Boston Utd flags are are in full force after this late goal!"

Obviously my ideas are off base as well, but I do agree with you skeeny that there definitely needs to be more fan interaction! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No , its not like that here and ive been to two games in europe( Leverkusen v Blackburn Feyenoord v Blackburn) and at both they were brilliant atmospheres and quite similar to England. Theres hardly any flags in England, but in europe there was. But , and i mean this in the kindest way possible, i think your idea sounds crap and very very corny! But in England i have been to many big big games, (Blackburn v Burnley (Home and Away x2) Man Utd v Blackburn etc or just a great goal Newcastle v Blackburn, we scored in the last minute and it was immense) and when you score , its the biggest rush that ive experienced EVER! And i feel that this should be shown in the game, ive been to loads of games where fans have invaded the pitch , it happens(quite regulary in the lower leagues) and i feel it would be great in the game. I feel you ideas are going away from the real football that happens in England and Europe to your game in the states, which is more relaxed and calm , i say this as i have seen some games on tv and the atmosphere is bad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

But dont Police and Stewards stand AROUND the pitch? ie. in the stands? We can only see the pitch in the ME. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, at big games(derby's some cup games) Towards the last 20 mins , or when the crowds getting rowdy, the police (sometimes riot) all stand behind the goals, but not in the stands.Same with stewards.

But they could still put them right on the edge of the pitch.

I don't like the police idea at all. One of the reasons I enjoy FM is cos it helps take my mind off the Police State icon_eek.gif

But what I would like is a "Shout At Your Players" option, and you could see yourself getting up and doing something like that. In-game advice would be to use sparingly (every three matches or so) for best effect, so managers wouldn't have to use it constantly and get tired of it.

Also, a full screen option please, with a little box that doesn't take up too much space at the top, where you can click on to show you the full list of options (Split View, Formations etc) and select one. Like the "Go" box here in this forum, which you click on and then the list of forums appears and you can select one. A drop-down I think it's called?

I'dlike to see stupid fans decided to streak or come onto the pitch and hit a player. On rare events, and have you and the board having to make desisions on how you react to it.

maybe we could do something about just seeing the pitch around the side, would be nice to see running tracks around olympic stadiums or maybe see smaller run off areas in smaller stadiums

i don't see the point of the police etc, but the 2d engine does need updating.

i think it should be the no 1 priority to make it look more attractive or to give you more of an idea of what your players are doing.

mentioned it soooo many times before but people mostly dismiss the idea apparently they've tried before and it did'nt work so obviously thats the end if that then!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

icon14.gif Gaffovski... and maybe a little more then just 1 ball on the pitch? we're not in 19th century. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mitja, do you mean types of balls, or balls which ball-boys throw in when the main one goes out of play or something else?

i like the idea! maybe if its just something as simple as having a set area for away fans, because it does seem daft that if a player scores in 1st half and runs to one corner "to celebrate with away fans" and scores in 2nd half and goes to a completely different corner? makes me laugh a bit!

and i really do like the idea of a little manager dot on the bench, and you can select where u stand, it could affect your hands on approach in your stats, obviously a manager who is Pearce like would be more hands on than an Errikson type manager.

also like the idea of a bit of crowd trouble, would add a bit more realism and your team could be fined for it...the older versions you could be fined for disclipinary record in a season and i havent seen that for years?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

icon14.gif Gaffovski... and maybe a little more then just 1 ball on the pitch? we're not in 19th century. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mitja, do you mean types of balls, or balls which ball-boys throw in when the main one goes out of play or something else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

multiball by ball bays, of course.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skeeny:

No , its not like that here and ive been to two games in europe( Leverkusen v Blackburn Feyenoord v Blackburn) and at both they were brilliant atmospheres and quite similar to England.But , and i mean this in the kindest way possible, i think your idea sounds crap and very very corny! But in England i have been to many big big games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No don't worry, i even said in my own post that my ideas sucked haha. It would be "cool" to have that effect after a big goal you score during your game which instead of doing a fist pump and grinding your teeth saying yesss, to have the game make you want to jump up and yell "Let's Go! Let's Go!" and have that reflect the digital crowd as well in-game.

Riots and police situation no, fan immersion yes. If you start including riots, then you have to include sex scandals as well

Archived