Do you ever get studs up flying in challenges in FM?

on 50/50 balls etc. Or even brawls/fights? If not, and I've never seen it, why not?

I'd also like to be able to tell my players to specifically er, ''go in hard'' on certain players/teams, not just set to hard tackling.

At the very least it ought to make the matches more entertaining to watch imo.

I remember hearing they wouldn't do stuff like 'brawls' etc because of something to do with licensing? Or something to do with putting the players like that in a bad light.

Quite alot of my players get red cards due to two foot lunges. This is because they aren't a very good team technically. :D

I see a lot of red cards for 2 footed challenges, and a few for elbows in the face but nothing really vicious.

I remember, in FM09 I think, I was playing against Shakhtar and Darijo Srna "landed Cristiano Ronaldo with a fine right hook!" He got like a 2 year european ban or something :D

remember seeing hundreds of reds in fm10 for players randomly kicking out at each other, hilarious when a match seemed to be a big ask of my team and an opposing player would randomly kick somebody and the match was mine xD

Balotelli is the best and worst footballer of all time in this regard. 10 (yes, ten) vicious tackles in two seasons, all of which red-carded. He also frequently dives "Surely Balotelli took a dive there", and gets a yellow card just about every match, he got into a bust-up with a team-mate in training, skipped a training after that cause he didn't think I was right to fine him for it, and he's asked the PFA for permission to tear apart his contract. Of course he also scored 49 goals that season...

He's a handful...

So yeah, with Balotelli on the pitch there are plenty of studs-up flying tackles and controversy.

Archived