'Gaffer, what is a straight line?'/Touchline shouts/Alan Hansen is a sausage dog.

Basically, there should be more variety in the touchline shouts. When I watch my team, the most common thing I want to shout is:

'DEFENDERS! Keep in a [insert abusive word to your preference]ing line', (the mods don't like asterisks to demonstrate my anger. Naturally, they were hiding the word 'flipping'. However, I just wanted to demonstrate tactical instructions, a la Brian Clough)

Or

'Two banks of four!', if I'm in my Alan Hansen mood. He's like the dog who says 'sausages' (It's more like 'ross-ri-riges', if you ask me).

We need the ability to remind players of their responsibilities without altering the tactics. I have a player at Corinthians, called Eduardo Ratinho, who is my back-up right back. Now, as each season in Brazil contains (approx.) a buzillion games, he plays a fair few. Which means, short of giving him a maths lesson in the dugout (which I also expect to be able to do in FM12), I need to remind him of the concept of a STRAIGHT line, so Fluminense don't score another goal using the novel technique of bashing it down the flank, at which point Mr. Ratinho will jump pathetically below the ball, and then their striker being one on one with the keeper AGAIN.

Basically, there should be more variety in the touchline shouts. When I watch my team, the most common thing I want to shout is:

'DEFENDERS! Keep in a f***ing line, you w*****s!'

Or

'Two banks of four!', if I'm in my Alan Hansen mood. He's like the dog who says 'sausages' (It's more like 'ross-ri-riges', if you ask me).

We need the ability to remind players of their responsibilities without altering the tactics. I have a player at Corinthians, called Eduardo Ratinho, who is my back-up right back. Now, as each season in Brazil contains (approx.) a buzillion games, he plays a fair few. Which means, short of giving him a maths lesson in the dugout (which I also expect to be able to do in FM12), I need to remind him of the concept of a STRAIGHT line, so Fluminense don't score another goal using the novel technique of bashing it down the flank, at which point Mr. Ratinho will jump pathetically below the ball, and then their striker being one on one with the keeper AGAIN.

Whilst I agree with your thoughts on game improvements, can I suggest some thoughts for Mr. Ratinho, on the occasions he plays.

As, it seems, he is often caught forward.... i.e.- "Mr. Ratinho will jump pathetically below the ball", so under the long ball forward. Perhaps you could alter his instructions to begin with as you seem to know how he is going to play?

Whilst I agree with your thoughts on game improvements, can I suggest some thoughts for Mr. Ratinho, on the occasions he plays.

As, it seems, he is often caught forward.... i.e.- "Mr. Ratinho will jump pathetically below the ball", so under the long ball forward. Perhaps you could alter his instructions to begin with as you seem to know how he is going to play?

You would think so, wouldn't you? But he actually just hangs around about 5-10 yards further forward than he should. He still is inside his own half. I shall try, but I fear, it may be in vain...

It would be nice if we could yell out our players during the match and not just at halftime and after the match....

If my team is acting a mess, I don't want to have to wait till halftime to tell them to get their act together.

It would be nice if we could yell out our players during the match and not just at halftime and after the match....

If my team is acting a mess, I don't want to have to wait till halftime to tell them to get their act together.

Agreed. I hate watching my "playing nervously" or "has no confidence" player out there scared poopless, and i just have to sit back and wait to take him by the ear.

Agreed. I hate watching my "playing nervously" or "has no confidence" player out there scared poopless, and i just have to sit back and wait to take him by the ear.

Also being able to use shouts throughout the match could lead to an added side of the manager's profile, chilled out like Sven, mental like Martin O'Neill, lots of tactical gesturing like a Benitez or miserable, depressed like old Woy Hodgson.

But how do you do that realistically during a match? You can't get on to talk to the player personally. Maybe a barracking from the touchline could have some effect on someone who is being complacent, but there's no real way to inspire the confidence of someone playing nervously unless you get him off the pitch and have a proper word in his ear and let him know what he's doing wrong.

I don't think motivating players during the game is the right way to go, but personal instructions could be made easier via a drop down menu rather than resorting to the main tactics screen.

Perhaps when a defender is faced with an oncoming striker, you've got a narrow 2-1 lead and its to win the premiership or champions league there should be a "Finish Him!" option with a mortal kombatesc decapitation.

I have genuinely thought that if in scenarios like that, a player is loose and one of mine just ploughs right through him I'd happily accept a red card and concede a free kick way out in the dying minutes.

Don't mean to sound like the tactic police, but what is his Jumping heading and positioning? If it is low, this could be quite a deliberate ploy by the AI. I seem to remember Ratinho being quite an attacking full back rather than a solid defensive beast.

I want to be able to tell my goalkeeper: "if you play one more goal kick all the way up the field to Mickey Small, my diminutive striker, instead of to the full back like I told you, I'll personally relieve you of what little masculinity you have"

Surely 99% of the voice recognition would just be "Bleep Bleep you Bleeping Bleep of a Bleep, what the Bleep do you think you're Bleeping doing, you Bleeping Bleep!"

So you'd just need to be able to recognise every "four letter word" and nothing more... And just like with team talks, you'd have to choose the right expletive for the player's personality (e.g. loyal: curse their wife or girlfriend (or mother I guess); low determination: a kick up the proverbial backside; ambitious: I'll loan you out to the amateur football club in this town; unsporting: threaten emasculation etc.).

Basically, the capacity to shout at individual players. One guy's picked up a yellow, 'Stay on your feet!'. 'Track back, you lazy oaf!', 'Remember to close down the big chap!' etc etc.

It's something we discussed when designing the TC and shouts. The UI was the tricky issue.

The only shout I want is to shout in front of the opponent's fan and dugout like Mourinho did last weekend against Villareal :-D I'd so do that everytime I score against Barca :-D :-D :-D just because Guardiola is still #1 on my dislike list even though I keep on praising him. Maybe I might get him sent off too lol

Archived