Knap FM11 442 Tactics

As the forum has changed it may be easier to have a thread for each formation.

Latest 442

http://www.zshare.net/download/86498110cb55634c/

englishpremierdivisionim.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Slow tempo

_Knap11.2442p53f45a13P90F81A27ap97f81a29TP53F44A12P98F90A28 _Tottenham_ Oct 2010_.tac - 0.00MB

Fast tempo

_Knap11.2.3442p53f45a13P90F81A27ap97f81a29 _Tottenham_ Jun 2011_.tac - 0.00MB

Slow tempo results

englishpremierdivisionig.png

Fast tempo results

englishpremierdivisionif.png

tottenhamhotspurtottenh.png

Oh my!! This tactic is great. I know im only playing as Liverpool, but after 17 games, W 16 D1 L0

Im going to test with Crewe in Leage 2 now mate

I think this tactic is if not better, at least as good as the 10.3 442

Your tactics in FM2010 and so far on FM11 are underrated mate. They rock

Oh my!! This tactic is great. I know im only playing as Liverpool, but after 17 games, W 16 D1 L0

With the original Liverpool squad? If that's so, then it's amazing! Might give this a try, nothing beats a good ole English 4-4-2 :D

With the original Liverpool squad? If that's so, then it's amazing! Might give this a try, nothing beats a good ole English 4-4-2 :D

I only bought Kadlec, but hes not getting a run. And also Afellay for left wing but thats it!! Will report back at the end of season.You need good defenders

Please keep us updated, even if it doesn't work very well, thanks ;)

Ive been testing in two different saves. My Liverpool team are top of the league, scoring for fun and pretty decent at the back but ive noticed we concede alot from crosses and often a simple ball in behind the full back to an oncoming striker. It just happens that Reina is quality and keeps us in most games.

In my Newcastle save Ive really struggled. Lots and lots of defeats. No goals and lots conceded.

Is your tweaked version more defensive? Im a defender by trade and love seeing those clean sheets.

All that said really good tactic mate. Keep up the good work.

very impressive knap how about the performance in Champions League ???

By the way started using this one with the default Liverpool squad plus Gilardino and I have on average 20 shots of whitch 10 are long shots and very little CCC's.Also defence is very leaky!

very impressive knap how about the performance in Champions League ???

By the way started using this one with the default Liverpool squad plus Gilardino and I have on average 20 shots of whitch 10 are long shots and very little CCC's.Also defence is very leaky!

Panosrodo I agree mate. wAYYYY too many long shots. Over 12 a game, and in one particular match against West Hame, I lost 3-1 and conceded 9 ccc'S :/

tACTIC needs a lot of work knap

Ok i tested version slowA on my juve save so far i played 5 matches.

Udinese - Juventus 1:1 i have 4 ccc udine have null di natale scores from distans in 83min

Juventus - Palermo 3:0 i have 2 ccc palermo hav 3 all goals scored in first half palermo having planty of trough ball passing my defence specialy dcl but buffon was stoping this shots

Juventus - Cagliari 2:1 i have 3 ccc cagliari 1 again i lost goal by the shot from distance. i think is too much shots from distance in my team and rivals i have 14 they 7. with palermo was 8 with udine was 6

Juventus - Getafe 1:0 3 against 1 ccc. again many shots from targets this time me 16 getafe ony 2

Inter - Juventus 0:1 have 4 ccc iner only 1. 8 shots form distance inter 7, bonucci in 80min sent off after second yellow card

so 5 matches 4 wins i draw 8-2 in goals. nt bad, but i think some tweaks in defence and with this planty shots from distance need to be very good. now i test slowB in leverkusen

slowB

Freiburg - Leverkusen 0:0 1:0 after extra time i have 5 ccc freiburg 3. 12 longshots from my team

Leverkusen - Cottbus 5:1 7ccc rivals 1. 12 longshots rivals 3. fcl has scoring 4 goals

Leverkusen - Sevilla 2:0 2 ccc rivals 3. 14 longshots rivals only 1. fcl 2 goals

Hamburg - Leverkusen 2:1 3:3 in ccc. 9 shots from distance im leverkusen.

4 games 2 wins 2 loose i think that the slowA version was better but need some tweaks

Knap. Would you recommend the slower tactic over the quicker for certain teams or certain situations i.e. use the slower one against teams who park the bus and quicker against the bigger teams? Because judging by your results it seems they are both very effective.

Would you consider creating a 'control' tactic or just something to switch to when trying to protect a lead or even chase the game? I sometimes find that I play well, score a goal and then concede loads of CCC and possession.

I know you've said in the past just go for the best players available but have you found any attributes in particular to be important?

In general faster tempo is more suited to better teams.

I use a down to 10 defensive tactic which stops forward runs and adds time wasting.

Going defensive adds presure staying true to style can get a goal on the counter. Changes you can try is to push up DL to compress space or stop TTBs.

Each position requires a combination of over 20 attributes which I keep on a spreadsheet, but I tend to use scout reports rather than attributes.

If you wish to maximise goals from corners then jumping heading bravery + a good corner taker or upfront pace.

Archived