Favored Personnel, Icons and legends status at club

What determines a player at a club to gain one of those status, aside from length at the club?

I find that only my attacking forces get those status, while my entire backline is being ignored. All my long serving strikers, AMC, AMR, AML has become legends. Only 1 of my MC become a Favored Personnel and I don't even use him much. But none of my defenders are even on the list at all. Of course, those striker are scoring goals, winning matches but I believe my defenders are doing their job as well. 8 league goals allowed two seasons ago, and 7 league goals allowed last season worth mentioning and their overall rating are all above 7.5 with my DC captain getting close to 8. The only exception is Casillas become a legend but he's already close to it anyway IRL. And all of those defenders has been at my clubs since they were 16-19 y/o and they are close to 30 now. Worst of all, one of my new striker is already a favored personnel while he's only been at the club for like 6 seasons, and just break into first team regular last year.

Is it because the fans just don't like them? Or is it because of some hidden attributes and their personality?

I had my wingback score a wondergoal against my club's arch rivals and get placed on the favoured personell list.

But it does seem a bit too easy to get on a favoured personell list just because a player scores a few goals. The likes of Lukaku and Babacar end up as favorites within the first season when I buy them.

And if a favoured personell leaves the club, he is often scrapped from the list immediately.

I can't remember all the ways that players can get on the favoured personell list, by they are slanted towards attacking players. For example, as has been said, scoring a winner against a rival can move players onto/up the list, and this is something defenders are less likely to do. You can get defenders on there, it's just more difficult. The best way is by publicly praising their form when they're playing well, if the fans agree then they can get on the list.

I have a few defenders on favoured personell, but Mario Balotelli (signed 2 seasons ago) just made it into "Icons" after scoring 60 goals in 58 matches, while my outstanding centreback (regen) isn't really getting any praise at all and he's been there 4 season... To be fair though Balotelli did score two hatricks against Real Madrid (being Atletico Madrid) so I guess that counts for something. Still, far too easy for attackers to get on the list and far too difficult for defenders. I also notice that attackers tend to get the "player of the year" award, even if they haven't played all that "brilliant".

Another one is when you sign a player and the fans are excited about him. On FM2006, this happened when I signed an older player with lots of flair who was 10x better than anyone else in my team on a free from a division or two above me. I got a message about the fans being excited and he went straight on the favoured list.

In Fm2011, I've had this too, signed a youngish (22 yo) guy with no games played yet but some tasty looking attributes for my level. Fans were excited by the prospect and he's been added to the favoured personell.

Managers that win things/get the club promoted end up there.

Well as a manager i only got in the favourite personnel list after i won 2 scudettos in a row, 1 coppa italia and 3 italian super cups for AC Milan.. Im glad about it though as i feel more then that needs to be done before getting in the icon or legends list...

In Fm2011, I've had this too, signed a youngish (22 yo) guy with no games played yet but some tasty looking attributes for my level. Fans were excited by the prospect and he's been added to the favoured personell.

Managers that win things/get the club promoted end up there.

Much like when Walcott arrived at Arsenal.

He hadn't done much in his career, but the fans loved him because he had a few good stats and a lot of potential (yet to be fulfilled)

I had a striker who became favoured personnel at Hearts after 3 matches, and was still there years after leaving the club having appeared around 15 times. I can't get on it despite winning the league a couple of times.

its funny. its same here. its partiality.

Archived