Untraining attributes

Is it wise to untrain some of the attributes? For e.g., striker doesn't need very high tackling/marking etc, so maybe if I untrain a few points each there, that might free up some of those players CA for other places.

I can't think of other type of players to untrain tho except strikers.

It doesn't work like that. A Striker can have 20 tackling, and it doesn't take up any CA, and similarly a defender can have 20 finishing without it taking any CA. For certain positions there are 'free attributes'. And various attributes take up different amounts of CA depending upon the position. The set piece attributes take up little CA regardless of position, and physical attributes take up a lot of CA regardless of position too (although I believe Jumping cost more for centre backs and forwards in particular). Also weaker foot ability cost a lot of CA too, even in keepers. So it's usally preferable to have keepers who are one footed (as I don't believe being two footed correlates to being two handed).

Because of the 'free attributes' system, in FM 10, I'd have young centre backs train heavily in shooting so they could get high composure ratings, as I knew I could drastically improve it with very little CA usage. The finishing and long shot ability would occasionally come in hanndy too.

It doesn't work like that. A Striker can have 20 tackling, and it doesn't take up any CA, and similarly a defender can have 20 finishing without it taking any CA. For certain positions there are 'free attributes'. And various attributes take up different amounts of CA depending upon the position. The set piece attributes take up little CA regardless of position, and physical attributes take up a lot of CA regardless of position too (although I believe Jumping cost more for centre backs and forwards in particular).

wow i did not know this!

do you have a link to whats "free" or something with a bit more info? what about versatile players etc?

never heard of this free carry on, im not sure about it? if a regen striker is immense strength pace antcipation concentration etc etc but cant tackle very well, so i put him on a heavy defensive training schedule, he gets good at tackling reaches his PA and i retrain him as a cb then what, has he now got more ca than pa ??

would like verification before i take that as truth

It's spot on true. If you play around with FMRTE, you'll see for yourself. Take a average striker, and boost their Finishing by to 20 without touching their CA, and FM will auto correct it by with a drop in other attributes to accomidate the extra finishing, so most attributes will go down by one, including finishing itself, so it'll end up at 19. However to the same thing to any striker, put their tackling at 20, and it'll stay at 20, as tackling takes up no CA for strikers.

I remember once in FM 10, I retrained Ezequiel Lavezzi to be a right winger, and once he become accomplished at it, he lost 1 on almost all his attributes. That's due to his CA not changing, however given he had attributes more suited to a winger than a striker (18 crossing and dribbling, but only 12 finishing), once he became a winger, the CA cost for his attributes changed, and the new CA cost exceeded what his CA was, so FM had to correct it by loosing attributes. I know that's not the greatest explination, however I think you get the picture that for various positions, different attributes require different amounts of CA, and sometimes attributes don't need any CA depending upon position (tackling and marking for strikers, finishing for centre backs, and I think crossing for defensive midfielders). Have a play around with FMRTE and you'll find it all out for yourself.

so many wrong information in one page............................... :|

the only attributes that don't take up any CA for ANY player are aggression, determination, flair and natural fitness.(that's for outfield players)

other than that, every attribute take some kind of CA from the player. though it's true that according to the position, the influence of the attr. on the overall CA varies, so for strikers tackling has the lowest influence (along with a few others like marking etc...) and finishing has the highest (along with a few others).

so players that can play in different positions will have their CA calculated according to all positions that they can play while taking into account how adept they are in each position. that way his natural position will have more pull in deciding what attributes weigh more than others.

another significant factor in calculating the CA is the ability to use both feet. either footed players will suffer a significant drop in attributes to accommodate their ability to use both feet, while players who can only use one foot will gain attributes.

before fm10 you could exploit this system and create some amazing players by retraining them to another position that can pull the CA calculation away from their strong attributes and onto their weak. the best results came from retraining strikers to CB's and CB's to strikers, and after they became accomplished in that position their attributes will start shooting up.

then this issue has been sorted out since fm10, and if you do so the player will suffer a huge drop in attributes after becoming accomplished in that position, though it can still work if you chose anything other than CB to striker/striker to CB, the gains are not worth the effort.

so according to the comments in here would it be right to suggesta highly versatile player, e.g one who can play the right hand side and centre, so cb/rb dmc/wbr/mc/mr/ and in rarer cases also amc and or amr

will find it very hard to become a top player due to having so many attributes needed to be accomplished in all(or most) of the above?

if so it wouldnt be a good idea to sign one on this level unless he had an immense PA?

so according to the comments in here would it be right to suggesta highly versatile player, e.g one who can play the right hand side and centre, so cb/rb dmc/wbr/mc/mr/ and in rarer cases also amc and or amr

will find it very hard to become a top player due to having so many attributes needed to be accomplished in all(or most) of the above?

if so it wouldnt be a good idea to sign one on this level unless he had an immense PA?

not exactly...learning new positions (or having them from the start) doesn't take up any CA, its the fact that the way the attributes are weighed changes, that makes some players less "attractive" than others.

so versatile players can sometimes actually have better attributes than other players who have the same CA.

check this link out:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/197595-Attribute-Weighting?p=5024058#post5024058

What training schedules do is redistribute CA points. So if you want your forward to lose CA points for tackling and redistribute them to finishing, you simply reduce )or cease) his defending training and increase his shooting. That's all quite logical and reasonable. 'Free CA points' and other such daft exploits have been taken out of the game.

Kind of mixed opinions here... But if CA weights less for strikers on tackling/marking, does it mean that I should retrain my strikers to have their decent tackling/marking back??

Or should I just leave their tackling/marking around 2-5 :-D so that he can be more accomplished at scoring lol And yes, all my strikers can't do any defending anymore at this point coz I untrain all of them

Look guy's..... You can't train tackling or any other indivdual stat.

You can only train groups of stats and it takes time plus some good match time (Not 10 minutes off the bench at the end of the season) to get CA/Stat increases. So why would you bother agressively training a player in a group of stats he won't find so useful? But then again, that don't mean a CB should have zero shooting training or a Striker should have zero defensive training.

If you go read the posts on the tactics/training forum, you'll see some of them go into great detail with great research on this subject. I don't pretend to understand half of it but I do know that if you have a Striker in your squad, the only slider in training that should be on zero is the GK slider.

Look guy's..... You can't train tackling or any other indivdual stat.

You can only train groups of stats and it takes time plus some good match time (Not 10 minutes off the bench at the end of the season) to get CA/Stat increases. So why would you bother agressively training a player in a group of stats he won't find so useful? But then again, that don't mean a CB should have zero shooting training or a Striker should have zero defensive training.

If you go read the posts on the tactics/training forum, you'll see some of them go into great detail with great research on this subject. I don't pretend to understand half of it but I do know that if you have a Striker in your squad, the only slider in training that should be on zero is the GK slider.

Not saying about training individual stats... I set the defending slider to zero on my striker and their tackling, marking and concentration drops dramatically from close to 10 to less than 5 in a season or 2. It might not be the optimal/traditional way of training IRL but if this is a game and it is controlled by CA/PA, why not have some of my poacher type strikers not to do any defending at all? I always leave them up the field even during the defense play and pump the ball up the field for him to counter attack and score. Since he's not likely to involve in any type of defending for a majority of the match, I am just thinking if it is feasible to untrain those defending stats to free up additional CA for him to be better at attacking and scoring.

Football, and this game will never be like that.

"Wayne, your speed is good but your finishing is poor, would you mind running slower in order to become a better finisher?"

Forget about CA and PA and play the game as a manager.

What kind of nonsense is this?

If you drop the physical training in real life to concentrate on other areas you will definitely lose your edge in those physical areas. It's common sense.

If Wayne stopped going to the gym every day to concentrate on shooting practise, he's going to be weaker as a result, and better at shooting. Can't see why there's any ambiguity here.

Archived