Silly stats that are mentioned in news feeds

I have got a few of these and they are starting to wind me up. Last season wtih 2 games to go I was tied on points with Burnley at the top of the Championship. I got told that 6 points from the remaining games would win me the league, which was fairly obvious. Amongst other things, I have just been told that with 12 games to in the premiership, 36 points will see Middlesbrough avoid relegation. What the hell?? Isn't it obvious that if I win all 12 games I will stay up? And why is that even being mentioned it blatantly isn't going to happen...

Player stats as well make me chuckle. A couple games into the season and it tells me who is topping the yellow card chart so far. Leading the way is one player with two yellows, followed a list of 3 names and "84 others" all on one card each. Why did the 3 get picked out and the other 84 grouped together??

Last season wtih 2 games to go I was tied on points with Burnley at the top of the Championship. I got told that 6 points from the remaining games would win me the league, which was fairly obvious.

Fairly obviously not actually true you mean?

Player stats as well make me chuckle. A couple games into the season and it tells me who is topping the yellow card chart so far. Leading the way is one player with two yellows, followed a list of 3 names and "84 others" all on one card each. Why did the 3 get picked out and the other 84 grouped together??

Hahaha yeah I always wondered how a few names got picked out, lottery? Or is there a system?

On a somewhat related note, I also find some of the stats in the processing screens hilarious. Stuff like league games played. Sure is a lot of variety in the top 10 teams with the highest number of games played there.

In some leagues, Hyundai A-League, Russian Third Division, Spanish Third Division and others there are odd numbers of teams and hence teams do end up with big differences at times in games played.

Fairly obviously not actually true you mean?

In this case probably not definitely true as the league sorting rules in England is Goal Diff first isn't it...I prefer results between teams, which could mean he is definite if he has beaten them :p

I have got a few of these and they are starting to wind me up. Last season wtih 2 games to go I was tied on points with Burnley at the top of the Championship. I got told that 6 points from the remaining games would win me the league, which was fairly obvious.

Burnley might beat you on goal difference if you both win your remaining two games, so it's obviously not true.

Sorry I meant to say I had a better goal difference than Burnley by far, about 20 goals. And I had scored 40 more goals than them. I just don't think one of my coaches needs to remind me that when sitting top of the Championship, I can win the league by not dropping any points.

I actually got told once that 6 points from my last 4 games would be enough to win the league, but due to the sorting rules being results between teams if I only got 6 points and my rivals won all their games, I would be guaranteed 2nd instead

Archived