Omginterviewlol

Hello!

Just had a wonder the other day whilst playing FM, love all the FM's as they are, but I just had a thought about something for FM 2012.

Obviously nowadays, managers are swapping here and there, getting sacked and all that, and thus managers are all vying for all new jobs.

Previous experience in management can be a factor in FM and irl when applying for these jobs, but another important factor irl is the interview, which is something I think would be a good inclusion in FM 2012 if applying for a job when unemployed or if applying for a bigger club.

I just think rather than simply applying for the job and hoping for the best in FM, an interview, probably in the style of the press conference, would be a nice little addition into the game, with obviously some answers more right than others (I don't know if that is how the press conference works in regards to reactions but I presume so). Based upon these answers, it depends whether they would employ you and would add to the realism.

Anyway, had my input. :D

Ciao!

In theory good idea, in practice likely to be horrendous.

How many problems are people having with players and their morale due to comments made in press conferences, moving them to reserves to get their fitness back after injury, etc.

Can you imagine having a more detailed job application and the effect it would have on getting a job and what type of jobs you were able to be successful with?

Would like to see it implemented but it would likely only be in the format similar to the press conferences and they get very boring.

If SI did look at this then I hope they get it right because even getting it wrong slightly could make the game very problematic.

oh no i can see it now, the moaning on here would be immense, oh its so random, when i tell them to get stuffed they wont offer me a job even though ive won the treble 6 times with barcelona, its all random(zzzz)

like the idea but i dont see it flying

it could work, just, to add on to your idea, you could have different clubs that have different ambitions and answer questions according to their ambitions, so if you answer a question that goes along with a clubs ambitions you would have more chance of being appointed manager

Well I always found it strange that you get the job - then later on you're asked what your ambitions are for the club finishing in the league (like avoid relegation, mid-table, top half, continental qual, title challenge, winners).

It might be interesting if the interview set out your ambitions for the season in each competition, like Domestic Cups, League, European Leagues etc.

A question like "Where do you see the club in 5 years" could be answered with "Dominating the league", "Consistent Title Challengers", "Always fighting for European place", "Staying afloat".

Questions about the type of players you intend to bring into the club, e.g., experienced players, or youth players, or proven players etc. That way when it came to buying players the Board would be more lenient in the budget towards your choice. For example, if I said I wanted to bring Experienced Players and then I tried to sign a 20 year old for €15m the Board may block my advances in favour of other players the Scouts have looked at - more experienced players.

Could be interesting in how the game is played, alowing more interaction with the board and you with the scouts, etc.

One day the Board might actually turn around and say "We don't need another Striker we have enough already, but our coaches tell us we're looking weak at Left Back, here are some of the Scouts suggestions for that position".

Or you could counter the Board request to block your transfer for the Striker saying that he'll play first team and that you're off loading xx amount of strikers as soon as possible.

Just some vague ideas I have that I haven't fully explored yet.

Well I always found it strange that you get the job - then later on you're asked what your ambitions are for the club finishing in the league (like avoid relegation, mid-table, top half, continental qual, title challenge, winners).

It might be interesting if the interview set out your ambitions for the season in each competition, like Domestic Cups, League, European Leagues etc.

A question like "Where do you see the club in 5 years" could be answered with "Dominating the league", "Consistent Title Challengers", "Always fighting for European place", "Staying afloat".

Questions about the type of players you intend to bring into the club, e.g., experienced players, or youth players, or proven players etc. That way when it came to buying players the Board would be more lenient in the budget towards your choice. For example, if I said I wanted to bring Experienced Players and then I tried to sign a 20 year old for €15m the Board may block my advances in favour of other players the Scouts have looked at - more experienced players.

Could be interesting in how the game is played, alowing more interaction with the board and you with the scouts, etc.

One day the Board might actually turn around and say "We don't need another Striker we have enough already, but our coaches tell us we're looking weak at Left Back, here are some of the Scouts suggestions for that position".

Or you could counter the Board request to block your transfer for the Striker saying that he'll play first team and that you're off loading xx amount of strikers as soon as possible.

explained what i was thinking perfectly

explained what i was thinking perfectly

The problem really lies in getting the board to remember your answers. I mean if you're saying you'll be title challengers for the next 5 years and you finish outside the top 4 then you could be sacked etc.

But at the moment, the players can't even remember the requests they made. Zarate came to me saying he wanted to go to a bigger club. I said I'd let him leave in the next transfer window. I put him up for sale for €24m and clubs offered 8.75m so I refused to sell him. Come the end of the transfer window Zarate status said he wanted to prove his worth to the team. How things change in 4 weeks.

We have to have these things sorted out before even considering bringing in "interview" style questions that the Board can react on. If the basic function of conversing with your players isn't working then a conversation at Board level could be very frustrating.

Too bad. I expected a funny screenie after reading the thread title. :thdn:

Been suggested and debated numerous times before. I'm a firm opponent of this.

It would be an addition as nice and little as the addition of press conferences. I.e. not at all either of those.

It would be an addition as nice and little as the addition of press conferences. I.e. not at all either of those.

Press conferences are annoying and so is the Player Contracts expiring all at the same time and clicking through each one (such a waste of UI time) as well as Staff Contracts.

I'd much prefer conversations with Press and Players handled much better before even thinking of implementing an "interview" style approach for applying for jobs.

There's far more work that needs to be done within the game before adding more similar type stylings to different areas.

Improve what they have now and add it in later editions when it's working real well.

Could definitely be an idea for FM13 if they start working on it now.

Nice idea but I think the basic gameplay would suffer

- you've worked your way up the league and get the chance to apply for your favourite EPL job and then blow it inthe interview? Might work for some but I think plenty would be frustrated by it

- you get the sack/resign at a lower league club. It's sometimes hard enough to find empoyment as it is, I can't see it being much fun having to extend your search for a job even longer cos you mess up the interview for the few that do come along!

Don't know what the issue is with people getting jobs?

I started unemployed. In November I got the Derby job, with a choice of Fulham or RBC.

Got them promoted in 2nd place and went to the prem. Was 8th in the Prem in November and Lazio offered me a job.

Currently managing Lazio in my 2nd season, I've had 2 teams already and I started unemployed as a Sunday league footballer.

Don't know what the issue is with people getting jobs?

I started unemployed. In November I got the Derby job, with a choice of Fulham or RBC.

Got them promoted in 2nd place and went to the prem. Was 8th in the Prem in November and Lazio offered me a job.

Currently managing Lazio in my 2nd season, I've had 2 teams already and I started unemployed as a Sunday league footballer.

No way were you sunday league if you started with those clubs....

Sorry, I tend to have a general spontaneous enthusiasm in anything I do, I can find something to post if you want though!

And I'm really glad people like this idea. Totally agree with the long post above, completely what I was thinking, just in a clearer articulation.

My bad - I just checked it. It was set to Automatic.

I'm Irish and Uncapped. Not really sure what it set me as from the start? But I do apologise.

Automatic sets it generally to the league at which you start. So I presume with unemployed it'll just set you to prof footballer maybe? It would make sense if you got the Derby job.

Archived