Quickest country for getting a work permit (feeder club)

Hello all,

I know you can sign players without a work permit and then loan them to a feeder club in order for them to get one. This got me thinking does anyone know the countries where it takes the shortest amount of time for a player to qualify for that nationality?

I'm sure in England it's 5 years, but i'm certain it's less abroad. I've heard some countries it take only 3 years and other maybe less but i've been unable to find an answer on the forum so far, any help or a link would be great!

Thanks

Hello all,

I know you can sign players without a work permit and then loan them to a feeder club in order for them to get one. This got me thinking does anyone know the countries where it takes the shortest amount of time for a player to qualify for that nationality?

I'm sure in England it's 5 years, but i'm certain it's less abroad. I've heard some countries it take only 3 years and other maybe less but i've been unable to find an answer on the forum so far, any help or a link would be great!

Thanks

If you are an English/UK club, buying foreigners is like this....

South American players can get Spanish nationality in 2 years(every other nationality will take 5 years in Spain). Maybe the same for Portuguese? Check this one in game, Porto have a Colombian(Falcao) so check him to see how long for him.

Belgium takes 3 years for all players.

Poland was 2/3 years, but I think its now 5? Can someone double check this one?

I do know Brazil & Germany have a 10 year wait.

Russian rules have changed I believe? I think they will still be classed as Foreign if they are declared for their original nation. If not declared, they must be available for the Russian national team to become Russian.

Ukraine does not allow its citizens to have dual nationality.

Colombia has a 3 year wait.

Hope this helps.

I asked my board for a foreign work permit feeder club and they suggested a Croatian club. In the description it stated that it would take 2 years for a player to get a Croatian citizenship and be able to play in UK.

I am trying it out now.

• 1 year later...
I have Croatian feeder. It is 2 years, but the player has to be able to speak basic Croatian to qualify.

Similar with Belgium teams except it has to be Dutch or French, it's a bit annoying as some players go out there for 3 yrs and still can't speak the language

Pretty sure you need work permits for Croatian players as they are not in the E.U?!? Sending a Brazilian to your Croatian feeder team for 2 years may give him a second nationality but I'm pretty sure he would still be rejected a work permit in England as Croatia is outside the E.U. I'm sure arsenal struggled to get a work permit for Eduardo a few years back.

• 2 years later...

Are you sure the player hasn't already spent time in a EU nation,has he got International caps?Where are Macedonia in your World Ranking's?

As it stands I'm sure Macedonia would be the same as any non-EU European country(I'm not sure if countries outside Europe differ) outside the top ranked Nations,It used to be five years in FM to gain nationality,probably less for a permit.

Archived