Alternative methods of boosting hidden attributes

I signed this regen that has a potential rating of 4.5 stars, basically he has the potential to be one of the best players of his generation.

I signed him for a first team role and has since become a full Argentinian international at the age of 19.

The problem with him is his personality traits

Determination: 17

Influence: 11

Personality: Realist

Media Handling Style: Volatile, Confrontational

He is regarded as a someone who enjoys the big matches.

His media handling style indicates some poor hidden attributes, I cant tutor him (not on the lists), but is there any other way of influencing/changing hidden attributes??

Warn/Fine successfully (i.e. the player reacts positively, not negatively or no comment) for poor performance - either a +1 to determination or work rate

Warn/Fine successfully for dismissal in a match - either a +1 to temperament (hidden) or -1 to aggression

The best way to change his mental attributes is to find him a tutor somehow, possibly by changing his squad status to squad rotation or below, but given his volatile and confrontational nature, he will likely be unhappy.

fines DO NOT affect hidden attributes.

fining for poor discipline can lower aggression, and fining for poor performance can raise determination and/or workrate.

Read above, fines does affect temperament. You got to use third party tools to see that.

Read above, fines does affect temperament. You got to use third party tools to see that.

that's why i said what i said,i've never seen any player get his temperament raised after being fined.

though you might be right, i'll check it out today and see what i get.

ive been struggling with a player always going on nights out and missing training but no matter how many times i fine him two weeks wages he still seems to do it, looked on FMRTE and he has 2 for professionalism, i will see if this improves at all with the fines.

it's no use mate, professionalism can only increase with tutoring.

it's no use mate, professionalism can only increase with tutoring.

are you certain of this? Do you have anything to back it up? Not being confrontational just interested iin my options, i dont really have anyone suitable to tutor him so i had hoped i could have an effect myself.

are you certain of this? Do you have anything to back it up? Not being confrontational just interested iin my options, i dont really have anyone suitable to tutor him so i had hoped i could have an effect myself.

yeah im sure, though i don't have "proof" but 3 years of fiddling with editors and what not never hurt in these kind of things :)

Warn/Fine successfully (i.e. the player reacts positively, not negatively or no comment) for poor performance - either a +1 to determination or work rate

Warn/Fine successfully for dismissal in a match - either a +1 to temperament (hidden) or -1 to aggression

The best way to change his mental attributes is to find him a tutor somehow, possibly by changing his squad status to squad rotation or below, but given his volatile and confrontational nature, he will likely be unhappy.

He has a determination of 17 and a workrate of 14, thats good enough for a winger. He doesnt play badly much nor does he get himself sent off but I'm sure his development and performances at the highest level will suffer if I dont raise those hidden attributes

I've notice that comment when warning/fining players, I suppose its a lottery to whether the aggression is reduced or the temperament is increased (i.e. no rule of thumb with his personality etc)

Can you be tutored on a rotation status? first I heard of it tbh

As per a lot of stuff in the game, those changes are random. Not sure what kind of personalities will make the aggression go down or temperament to go up.

Tutoring has been tweaked here and there but it is still very much broken. Just try your luck and fidget with your senior members of your squad. All I know is that those above 21, important player and above team status or higher reputation than the teacher cannot be tutored.

AFAIK

Key, first and rotation cannot be tutored and you cannot be a tutor unless you have that status.

I'll take the plunge and change his status and get him tutored by this level headed winger I have, hopefully it will do the trick. I'll post back with results, good or bad

His reputation level might already been too high as he has already become an Argentina international at such a young age. As long as the reputation is higher than all your other experienced wingers, you can't get the tutoring option.

ive been struggling with a player always going on nights out and missing training but no matter how many times i fine him two weeks wages he still seems to do it, looked on FMRTE and he has 2 for professionalism, i will see if this improves at all with the fines.

Wait, the news icon actually says,'Player x failed to turn up to training because he was out all night'.......???

lol if true.

As per a lot of stuff in the game, those changes are random. Not sure what kind of personalities will make the aggression go down or temperament to go up.

Tutoring has been tweaked here and there but it is still very much broken. Just try your luck and fidget with your senior members of your squad. All I know is that those above 21, important player and above team status or higher reputation than the teacher cannot be tutored.

That's new to me, finally I can tutor Balotelli

Wait, the news icon actually says,'Player x failed to turn up to training because he was out all night'.......???

lol if true.

i think it says he was seen leaving a night club late last night and has failed to turn up for training. 3 times now this season!! he's been shipped off on loan back to spain for 6 months.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, its about 4 years later and the player has finally gotten sent off for the first time in his career for a two footed tackle.

I gave a 2 week fine and he indicated that he has a willingness to control his temperament in future matches.

I checked his personal screen and his Media Handling Style has gone from Volatile, Confrontational to just Confrontational.

I hope he gets sent off a few more times so I can give him a more positive personality!

I checked his personal screen and his Media Handling Style has gone from Volatile, Confrontational to just Confrontational.

I hope he gets sent off a few more times so I can give him a more positive personality!

I guess the game has incorporated that people learn from their mistakes pretty well.

That made me laugh, if we had quotes here I'd be asking to quote you on that.

Start a post of the year thread :p

I guess the game has incorporated that people learn from their mistakes pretty well.

I was looking at the personality traits here

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/213536-Tutoring-results-test

it looks like his temperament went from 6 to 7

He got sent off again in a Cup final, he elbowed another player this time. I fined him 1 weeks wages and he said that he has a willingness to control his temperament in future matches again

Checked his Media Handling type and its now level headed but his aggression has also dropped a point

Archived