"Buy To Loan"

XJ6

In next year's game can we have a buy to loan option on transfers?

What I mean is I buy lots of youngsters but would like to loan them back for a year to the club I bought them off, but either that club won't have them back(even if they were a key player) or the player will reject the loan back, because he doesn't want to move clubs again.

It happens in the real world, I think it would be a good option.

Any thoughts?

Not the same thing.

Sending a player on loan you have some additional options:

- which club pay the wage?

- can a player be recalled?

- loan can last more than a season etc.

Also (not sure about this though), if you buy and send a player on loan, then this season will count as homegrown for your club.

I think this is a good point and a feature I would like to see.

her0n i would assume the season would count as homegrown as you would have just bought the player, your club would hold that players registration, therefore see no reason why it wouldn't count

her0n i would assume the season would count as homegrown as you would have just bought the player, your club would hold that players registration, therefore see no reason why it wouldn't count

Exactly! So this is very different than buying a player at the end of the season.

Yes, would be nice to be able to add a clause to perhaps sweeten a deal.

A team with a youngster has broke into the team and is putting in some good performances, the club maybe doesn't want to risk losing a key player in January so will reject the bid, but may accept a reasonable offer with the option to keep him on loan til the end of their league season. If you just bid for the player in the summer, he could continue his good form right through the season and you would have to pay a fortune.

1) if you send a player out on loan he does not count that period as being 'home grown' for your team. Therefore loan or buy at end of season is irrelevant.

2) who pays his wages and can he be recalled. Well in those buy to loan deals they are always non-returnable, that's part of the deal, otherwise the buying club would agree the deal and then recall him the next day.

I don't see the end result being any different.

1) if you send a player out on loan he does not count that period as being 'home grown' for your team.

I did a quick search and it appears this has been discussed on this forum. See this:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/24086-Question-about-Uefa-List-and-Home-Grown-Player?p=184741&viewfull=1#post184741

EDIT:

Sorry, just found this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/231370-FM2011-Home-Grown-Players

2) who pays his wages and can he be recalled. Well in those buy to loan deals they are always non-returnable, that's part of the deal, otherwise the buying club would agree the deal and then recall him the next day.

Why?! Because you say so?

I want to loan a player back to his old club but may change my mind after 6 months in January (say, I have injury crisis). These things are more flexible in real life, than you think.

I did a quick search and it appears this has been discussed on this forum. See this:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/24086-Question-about-Uefa-List-and-Home-Grown-Player?p=184741&viewfull=1#post184741

EDIT:

Sorry, just found this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/231370-FM2011-Home-Grown-Players

Why?! Because you say so?

I want to loan a player back to his old club but may change my mind after 6 months in January (say, I have injury crisis). These things are more flexible in real life, than you think.

So Im right on point 1 then? Good.

As for point 2, well I dont think you are thinking this through very well.

Club A is a big powerful club.

Club B is a smaller club with a very talented youngster.

Club A wants to by the player and offers a good sum, but club B thinks he is vital to their survival in the league and say they are only prepared to sell him to club A, so long as he stays on loan with them for the rest of the season.

If my idea is not the way it works, and club A can recall the player at any point, then club Bs chairman is an utter moron. Club A agree to all measures, sign the player and then a day later recall him from the loan.

THIS WOULD NOT HAPPEN. Club B would not enter into this agreement if it turns out that the player could be taken away from them at any time.

Usually there is an agreement in place that he can be recalled if both parties agree to it, so in the example above club B could then say 'Sure if you give us X more' but the major sticking point I've seen about buying players at the end of the season is they suddenly are no longer used by their current club. I used to look at players and think "Yea hes playing regularly at that level, it would do him good to have another 6 months+ there" only for him to have played in every game up to that point, and then only make 1 or 2 more appearances as a sub after that.

Usually there is an agreement in place that he can be recalled if both parties agree to it, so in the example above club B could then say 'Sure if you give us X more' but the major sticking point I've seen about buying players at the end of the season is they suddenly are no longer used by their current club. I used to look at players and think "Yea hes playing regularly at that level, it would do him good to have another 6 months+ there" only for him to have played in every game up to that point, and then only make 1 or 2 more appearances as a sub after that.

But agreeing to put him back on loan wouldnt change that in any way.

If you do a buy to loan deal there is utterly no point in then saying that he could be recalled, it simply would not make sense.

In a sense it doesn't make sense, but its a security net that is usually there, just incase say 5 strikers get injured, your only option left to look at is that 17 year old on loan in the lower reaches, you may decide its worth paying a million or so to get him back. It's unlikely, but there is usually a recall clause which involves agreement its not a buy to loan deal, but Birmingham City said Man City would have to pay to get Joe Hart back from his loan (or at least this was in the press). For FM purposes, of course it would be much better with no faffing about like that, its very rare you can use the option 'loan until the end of next season' either, I had been hoping to send a few youngsters on loan for 2 seasons but it won't let me.

It's unlikely, but there is usually a recall clause which involves agreement its not a buy to loan deal, but Birmingham City said Man City would have to pay to get Joe Hart back from his loan (or at least this was in the press).

Well no, its no a buy to loan deal, but it is the same thing in this instance. Hart was loaned out with a fixed term and he could not be recalled under the terms of the loan with birmingham holding his registration for 1 year. In the same way a buy to loan deal wouldnt be any different - the selling club would continue to hold the players registration until the end of the season - it a non-returnable loan deal, the same as hart.

Hart could have been returned if Birmingham had agreed to it, they didn't Man City specifically went and asked if they could have their keeper back. So now perhaps with registration it is going to work differently, but at the time, if Birmingham had said yes, or Man City slipped them a couple of million to get them say yes then he could have played for Man City the next game. Now I guess it could only happen with u21's or in transfer windows/emergency signing rules.

I am so envious when I hear of folk requesting a player to return from a loan deal before season ends. I have been playing this game for years & never, ever, found out how to do this!

I've asked a couple of times too!

loaned players in the first season of the game cannot be recalled, but once you're in charge of sending players on loan just add the Can be Recalled clause.

Better still, set it to appear automatically in your manager preferences.

You can't recall players that you charge a fee for loaning out though.

I think it's a good idea. For example Inter is negotiating with Feyenoord to buy Castaignos now, but they probably want to keep Castaignos at Feyenoord until the summer of 2012, so he can gain first-team experience. If this could be implemented in fm it would be awesome :D

So Im right on point 1 then? Good.

Yes, you're right.

But...

What about two-season loans?

I'm Atletico Madrid, I spotted a Brazilian midfielder playing for Almeria. He will be a star, it's obvious. He has a ridiculously low minimum release clause (6M euro). I could buy him... but I won't. I'm not allowed to register more than three non-EU players. I'd love to buy him and then send him back to Almeria for two seasons for him to gain Spanish nationality.

Archived