Retro FM 1961 - The reminiscing thread.

Following on from a couple of threads on here about old football games what about a version of FM with players loaded from the 60s onwards for us oldies. No transfer windows, no back pass rule, no subs, jumpers for goalposts isn,t it wasn,t it. No Johnny Foreigners playing in England, no Prem just Divs 1 2 3 4, no all seater stadiums (sorry cant bring myself to say stadia).

We could progress through the 70s & 80s with overly short shorts, pitch invasions, fences round grounds, mullets, cup finalist making records and being on Top of the Pops. I could go on but i,ll leave it to you.

Following on from a couple of threads on here about old football games what about a version of FM with players loaded from the 60s onwards for us oldies. No transfer windows, no back pass rule, no subs, jumpers for goalposts isn,t it wasn,t it. No Johnny Foreigners playing in England, no Prem just Divs 1 2 3 4, no all seater stadiums (sorry cant bring myself to say stadia).

We could progress through the 70s & 80s with overly short shorts, pitch invasions, fences round grounds, mullets, cup finalist making records and being on Top of the Pops. I could go on but i,ll leave it to you.

hahaha!! Quality post! mmmmm Marvellous. Isnt it? Pitches like bogs in winter, the orange ball when it rains, Alan Balls white boots. Lovely.

To be fair if Football was like it is in your post then it'd be a lot more exciting and we wouldnt have a dearth of coaches in the game - let alone quality players. Bosman destroyed football when he won his court case sadly.

But won't we know who the best players are going to be and buy them?

obviously, but it would just be for a laugh.

I remember in cm97/98(i think) you could go into the database make a player call him eric cantona, add his details dob etc and when you loaded the game it had attributes for him and player history, was pretty neat, duno if it worked for any other players

Archived