Original 1982 version of Football Manager

Probably best to put on a hand-knitted jumper, some brown chords, horn rimmed glasses, a casio calculator watch, turn up the contrast in your room, buy a 10 inch monitor, plus a 233m wide keyboard.

Then you're all set.

I think it's great that it's playable online. What a relic.

Probably best to put on a hand-knitted jumper, some brown chords, horn rimmed glasses, a casio calculator watch, turn up the contrast in your room, buy a 10 inch monitor, plus a 233m wide keyboard.

Then you're all set.

I think it's great that it's playable online. What a relic.

:cool:

My first game I just dropped a 2-0 lead at home to Blackpool and drew 2-2 :(

i doubt i could get into that but its brilliant to see a classic game such as this

Back then, when football management games were unheard of, this was fantastic.

Obviously looks VERY dated now (which it is), but was just as addictive to us then as anything could be.

I don't recall anyone moaning about the 3D match engine either ...and it had one a whopping 27 years before the technology was introduced into the FM we know and love today.

:)

Haha, fantastic. My first managergame was this one on the commodore64. Tracksuit Manager, 1986 or 87 I believe. Played it untill the tape got tangled up in the machine...

I dont remember what I did in the years between, but this one (Ultimate Soccer Manager) got me managing again.

A bit childish one would think now, but then I thought building up the stadium was great, not for a manager really, but I thought it was brilliant anyway. And a nice detail was that te stadium behind the director in the boardroom actually looked like the one you built over the years.

Maybe thats why it irritates me the stadiums in the current 3d-view are rubbish, and not like the real thing at all.

I'd love to see that setup lol - fair play. I don't know where my old spectrum is. It would be fun to dig it out. It's prolly in the attic.

My lounge is currently my Spectrum, Atari 2600, NES, N64, Megadrive, PS2, Wii, X360, PS3.

I also have a Dragon 32 (when I can source a tape machine for it), a Vectrex (when I can find the games to make it worthwhile setting up) and a GameGear (which I'm including in here because if it isn't kept plugged in, the batteries only last 2 hours) waiting to be set up alongside them.

Archived