Best way to extend laptop life while playing FM?

Easy first, turn down backlight. Second, dont have anything in the background running.

I'm going overseas and would like to get some FM done on the way. It's a 13 hour flight, so im hoping at least 3 hours out of the laptop. Is there anything else i can do to extend the battery?

The game itself probably won't drain the battery too much, as long as you don't load too many leagues, disable 3d matches and change the power settings in Windows to save battery.

Also, a lot of people forget about turning screen brightness down - it seems to extend battery life quite dramatically.

Also be VERY careful that you do not let the battery run down as this will corruot your current save game.

That will only happen if the computer shuts off in the middle of a save. If that happens you will lose your save game.

Most computers can be set so that when the battery gets to a certain battery percentage that it goes into Sleep or Hibernation mode, stopping the computer from being turned off which will prevent you losing your game.

You can find info on this by searching the internets if you aren't sure how to do it (i don't have my laptop with me so I can't double check but here http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101026002248AAHAqQ9)

You could also purchase another battery for your laptop. That way you can swap the battery out (make sure you shut down the computer before removing the battery)

Or get an external battery power http://www.bixnet.com/unpowbat.html

You don't have to shut the laptop down before you remove the battery, you can hibernate instead, which is much faster, and you can leave FM running in the mean time.

I've never tried, that's why I've never suggested. I can't find anything online to support this - but I don't doubt it, I'd just be careful.

Archived