Is there any way to make your team start converting chances?

I'm playing as Chelsea right now and just like the real life slump (but worse) just cannot score.

Every game bar Marseille away in the CL, I have around 15-25 shots and either draw, or get a narrow win, Drogba has 1 in 10, people might say its my tactic but im creating the chances they just wont score, even 1on1s they fail below 50% of the time.

Is there something I can do? do instructions right at the start of the game change this ? any advice would be great

How many of your chances are clear cut? I don't want to sound like a douche and blame your tactics, but if you're not creating about 5 ccc a game against average opponents, you may want to look at your tactics.

Is your striker taking shots with his prefered foot? I had javier hernandez shooting always with his left and always off target, told him stop using his weaker foot, now he bangs them in with his right.

What knid of prefered moves does your strikers have? I always found that placeing shots into the corner, rather than power works best. This is just a feeling I have, its not backed up with research in any way.

I always praise my strikers in private chat a lot for good goal scoring games, and tell them off for goalless games coupled with an average rating of around 6.0

In real life stats show that the best strikers score 1 in 3 one on ones. 1 in 4 is the average.

What tactics are you using? Do you play control/attacking/ overload? Because if you do, don't, it doesn't seem to work. Standard, play wider, retain possession, even playing counter against other good teams away from home. N

How many of your shots are long shots? If it's more than half, I suggest using the shout "work ball into box" or manually setting long shots for most players to rarely. You could have 40 shots a game, but if they're all from a distance, your chances to score are quite slim regardless of how good your striker is.

james170288 had a good point about the weaker foots, try his advice especially, if you play with a lone striker. If you have two strikers, then make sure a right footed striker is playing on the left side and a left footed striker on the right side, this will make it easier to convert 1-on-1 chances.

thanks for the replies, I will try youre ideas and implement them 1by1 or all in one and return some results

at the moment i have drogba as a target man alone and he just isnt scoring, top scorers i have atm are Lampard, ramires and mikel, which is just a joke.

I just lost to aston villa at home 2-1, my 2nd loss, i still have a the best defensive record in the league, but i think starting the game with Attacking didnt help, even if i was at home

I had 16 shots to their 8, 2 clear cut chances each, i do have everyone bar drogba on shoot from distance rarely, they just keep firing wide or at the goalkeeper, its very frustrating.

I have man utd away next so that should be interesting

beat bolton 2-0 away, made 6 clear cut, drogba still didnt score, he has a 3% goals to goal attempts ratio which is shocking and those are mostly close range efforts aswell, might just buy another striker at this rate i dont know what else i can do for him

I always praise my strikers in private chat a lot for good goal scoring games, and tell them off for goalless games coupled with an average rating of around 6.0

I find this works well.

If I have a striker on a baron run, i may put him in the reserves to find a bit of form. If they score then start or bring them as sub next first team game and say pick up where you left off, have had some good success using this

Archived