Farewell night in Ali Sami Yen.

The last match ever in Ali Samiyen played 1/11/11.

This stadium has a lot of history, first ever quarterfinal in CL played in Turkey, first ever UEFA cup semifinal in Turkey, etc, etc. Historically the most successful stadium in Turkey without a doubt. Turkish fans passion was known to the rest of the world by Ali Samiyen and the GS fans, We also put Turkish football on the map in this stadium.

Some quotes about Ali Sami Yen and our fans:

PSV maçi sonrasinda açiklama yapan PSV'li futbolcular/After the PSV game some quotes by a couple of PSV players; "Dünya'da karsisinda oynamak istedigim en son taraftar bu"/"These fans are the last one in the world you want to play against"

Aynı maçtan sonra Mateja Kezman/In the same game a quote by Mateja Kezman;''Biz zaten o stadtan galip çıkabileceğimize inanmıyorduk." "We already knew we wouldn't be able to come out with the victory here"

Ispanyol ekibi Deportivo La Coruna ile Ali Sami Yen'de mücadele eden Havier Irureta/Spanish team Deportivo La Coruna player Havier Irureta after a game in Ali Sami Yen; "Bizim taraftarimiz asla Galatasaray taraftari gibi olamaz ve kimse böyle bir taraftar grubu önünde oynamak istemez"/"Our fans could never be as the GS fans and nobody would want to play against a team with a fanbase like this"

Paolo Maldini: "Kimse bana burda 25 bin kişinin olduğuna inandıramaz" "Nobody could make me believe that it's only 25 thousand fans here"

Pascal Nouma:"Bana hep Ali Sami Yen'den bahsettiler"/"They would always tell me about Ali Sami Yen"

Gheorghe HAGİ: "Bu seyirci ölüyü diriltir'' "These fans would raise the dead"

TF1 Fransiz Tv/TF1 French TV:" PSG - Ali Samiyen cehenneminden nasıl cıkacak" "How will PSG get out from hell"

Corriara Della Sport: "Milan, Dikkat Et Orası Hala Cehennem' "Milan, watch out that place is still hell"

Edgar Davids: (Juve-GS macından sonra/After the Juventus-GS game) "Bizde böyle taraftar olsa hiçbir takım karşımızda duramaz"/"If we had fans like these, there would be no team who could stop us"

Leeds players: "Hello hell, we're Leeds United"

Berliner Morgenpost : "Futbolun sadece futbol olmadigini Ali Sami Yen Stadinda anladim"/"We learned that football isn't only football in Ali Sami Yen"

Pierluigi Collina :"bu cehennemi çok seviyorum" "I love this hell"

Alex Ferguson: "It was hell"

We will never forget the victories we had in Ali Samiyen.

Tugay Kerimoglu (Blackburn fans will know him ) was there and in tears as well.. remembering the games and victories he had there.

Such a sad night.

I am really glad to be a fan of Aslanlar/Galatasaray.

I wish we never had to say goodbye to Ali Samiyen... ):

New Stadium, New start. I hope we will have amazing victories there too... and I hope we will never have to turn the lights of our new stadium, ever...

Archived