Player denied work permit for contract extension

I have a very talented player but I cannot get a contract extension for him

Whats the official criteria for a player to get a extension to their work permit??

I had this happen to me as well - my star striker (at the time) who had been injured for some time and therefore hadn't played any internationals wasn't able to obtain a new work permit.

I waited it out. Once he was fit again he was once again included in his national team and became eligible for a work permit.

(I am playing in England)

I have a very talented player but I cannot get a contract extension for him

Whats the official criteria for a player to get a extension to their work permit??

Were you given a reason for the refusal of an extension? Do you have a club in a country like Poland,Belgium or Spain you can send him to?

If you dont have a club you can send him to then the only other thing I can suggest trying to download FMRTE and giving the player dual nationality.

He currently holds a work permit, he's playing very well for club (Celtic) and country (Ukraine). He's played 16/20 club matches and in 5 internationals in 6 months this season and now he's down to his final 6 months in his contract (I rather loose him on a free trying to get him a contract than flog him)

You are not given a reason why a work permit fails to be given for a contract extension.

SI, whats the criteria for getting work permits for contract extensions?

It should based on how many matches he has played for the club

But it sounds like he is playing regularly for you, so he should get an extension

Just as a sidenote, I believe PA is only taken into account for young players

He's down as rotation on his squad status and I'm offering him a contract with a squad status of rotation but he's playing regularly because I've so many games each season and tactical changes, fatigue, injuries and suspensions mean that he's rarely out of the team.

I heard its 75% of league matches over the previous 2 years, but I'd like SI to shed some light because you arent given a reason or anything helpful in the game.

PA is considered for players that are eligible for international underage matches, I think, my guy is 23

He's down as rotation on his squad status and I'm offering him a contract with a squad status of rotation but he's playing regularly because I've so many games each season and tactical changes, fatigue, injuries and suspensions mean that he's rarely out of the team.

I heard its 75% of league matches over the previous 2 years, but I'd like SI to shed some light because you arent given a reason or anything helpful in the game.

PA is considered for players that are eligible for international underage matches, I think, my guy is 23

This is what a footballer requires in real life for a work permit; http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballer-work-permits.htm

From the games database (or at least from the comps file we can look at)

Players without a permit - must have played in 70% of the last 16 international matches for their nation (works out at 12 games)

Players transferring inside the UK that already has a permit - must have played in 70% of the previous teams first-team games

Appeal Bid (Which you can only do for transfers I believe) - Player must have a PA of 150

And what you're after

Contract Extension - must have played in 70% of the contracted teams first-team games

This doesn't take into account any hardcoded rules, which only SI can answer too

Thanks,

70% of the entire contract, last 2 years, current season is what I want to know

Heard its over the past 2 years but I would like SI to address this. The game should tell you exactly why the work permit would be denied, you would be told IRL why a player is denied a work permit

Don't know what to say, that's 75% play-rate, it should of been renewed

Only if the magic number of 20 games that you pulled out of the air is correct. If, as is far more likely, it's 75% of all games that he was available to play in since his contract began, then it's still possible that he did not play the requisite number of games required to extend a conditional work permit.

Not "pulled out of the air" but a calculated guess since that is the number of games shown in each players profile on the form tab

As I said, using that would make sense since it would save on calculating time, unless there is another number stored that isn't seen by the user (quite likely tbf)

But, as you said, it could be the length of the contract... but, unless it's a real-life rule, I'd find it silly, due to injuries and suspensions, it could lead to most players being denied renewals

One of my key players has a 73% play-rate across his entire contract and that's due to my squad rotation and his injuries and suspensions

Could also just be the last X league games taken into account, squad status, his CA in comparison to other player in his position (or even the entire squad)

However, The 70% playrate is the only thing I can say with certainty because we can get that from database files, the rest would have to be confirmed by SI or researched by the community

Archived