Morale

Does anyone else find the morale far far too temperamental?

I'd just been promoted so the confidence went through the roof.

Then I lost the first two (yes, only two) games of the next season, against much stronger opposition, and all of a sudden the majority of the first team squad (at least 14 players I reckon) want to throw themselves and their kit-bag off a bridge into a giant pit of snakes.

Its a nightmare because you spend so long and take so much care over the treatment of players, get yourself promoted and then it turns out its all for nothing.

Look at Blackpool this season, yes they play attacking football always but I bet at least half of the games they've won points from this season are down to the confidence boost they've all had since a great season the previous year.

Any thoughts guys?

I think you should look at Blackpool's fixtures.

I am guessing there moral is all over the place. Several of their wnis could probably be down to complacency on the other team or freak results.

Morale seems close to corerect for me.

p.s., If the team I was playing on got promoted, and killed the first two games, I would feel pretty down too. Would feel like the whole season is going to be terrible.

Yeah mate but no one used the word 'killed.' I lost 2-1 at Emirates and 1-0 at home to United. Hardly shameful for first 2 games of premier league football. Hardly shameful for ANY team.

And you're missing my point regarding Blackpool, sure they aren't doing so well now but they're half-way through the season with a small squad.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Archived