Formations

Hey I have been having problems with keeping the same formation for a long period as I always seem to find a realy good formation, do realy well for up to half a season and then the formation just becomes useless and I go on a realy bad streak and I have to come up with another one, was wondering if anyone knows why this happens? Do the other managers get used to the formation and find ways around it or is it just because the key players in the formation loose form? Thanks

I read it somewhere that AI doesn't learn your formation. It could just be your rep going higher up and the other team start to play defensively or vice vsersa. I usually use the same formation for the entire season (more likely 3-5 years) without a problem.

I started with a 451 and quite successful for the first 3 season, then modify the philosophy to Balanced and starting strategy to control, then do it fine for the next 2 seasons. Then, I move my DMC to DMRC and my MC to MLC so that it doesn't have a hole in my midfield. Still doing well. And on 11st season, I swap between my latest 451 and 442 because I just signed way too many strikers and I need to play them all.

The only time I change my tactics is when there's a new player and I adjust a little bit about individual role and their individual instruction base on the player for that season, but I rarely even do that also. I usually just pick the team, click continue, do my things, and let the match run and it keeps winning for me.

The only time I face trouble in 11 seasons is when I change from 451 to 442, and my strikers stop scoring for a few months. So, I doubt AI learn anything about me :-D In my 12th season now and my team instruction is untouched for like forever. I even use the same 451 on my national team and still winning.

Probably because after succeeding and playing well for a while, your rep goes up, and people see you as more of a threat, and play to counter that. Though I'm not sure how much your rep can actually go up over the course of half a season.

Also, sometimes people who were playing well just have a loss of form, even the best players, so it could be down to that.

Hey I have been having problems with keeping the same formation for a long period as I always seem to find a realy good formation, do realy well for up to half a season and then the formation just becomes useless and I go on a realy bad streak and I have to come up with another one, was wondering if anyone knows why this happens? Do the other managers get used to the formation and find ways around it or is it just because the key players in the formation loose form? Thanks

What about tactics, are you changing them? Because a formation is just a small part of your tactics as a whole.

Archived