Scouting in inactive countries seems to be pointless

I've set up scouting assignments in both large regions and large countries (e.g. Brazil, Argentina) and my scouts are coming back with 0 reports from inactive countries. My filters are pretty straightforward, wages <€78k p.a. and age <21. My database is large but only England, Spain, Italy and France are active.

Has anyone had more success? I'm a little bit disappointed that so few players have been included to the game from inactive leagues.

A large database will load some players from those countries, but try adding more if you want a broader selection. I tend to load "all players from top clubs" on every continent. That adds players around the globe without ballooning my player count too bad. Another option is to load "all international players" as in many countries, some portion of its national team's players will play for clubs in that country. (May not be as true with major football nations with top-quality Euro-based internationals.)

I play with a large database with top leagues loaded from England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, and Portugal with usually the 2nd division for which nation I go in then i load all players from South America and players from top clubs in Europe. The player count only comes to 59000 and the's plenty of good regens coming from Europe and South America and a fair few good players from Africa.

I would have a similar amount of leagues loaded and also large data base but i get plenty of reports from the south american countries and also all over europe, i dont notice too many from africa but i think im only scouting one region there atm so that may be the cause.

But yeah i get tons of players(good ones) sent back from places like South America all the time with an under 19 filter.

Hows your scout knowledge or actually scouts

I have a large database and scouting countries not loaded is a waste of time.

Very frustrating because I can scout the active countries myself. I want scouts to be able to tell me about talent in leagues I can't see.

They never come back with anything (except the odd 1 or 2 in Scandinavia) even though I know players are being created in the countries I scout. Some go on to achieve great things and it annoys me that I had a guy supposedly in that country who couldn't spot the next big thing (or read about him in a newspaper).

I'm only running 4 European leagues and a large database, nothing else added in. I've had fairly good reports back from plenty of inscribe countries including USA, Canada, Mexico, brazil, Argentina, Germany, France, Portugal and Ireland despite none of them being loaded.

Maybe it's the quality of your scouts? Mine are all highly rated, expensive to sign and on high wages (greedy little buggers I basically pay for them to go on year long holidays and watch footbal....)

I think your problem is the fairly hefty restrictions you placed on them. Correct me if I'm wrong I don't know Spanish football that well, do d2 Spanish teams regularly field a lot of south Americans, seems a long way to go for relatively low wages

D2B doesn't allow South Americans, so the only option to sign them would be if I manage to get promoted. But they're also getting 0 results from countries like Portugal, Czech Republic, Greece and Poland. I'm self-scouting and signing a lot of Africans though (scouts aren't allowed there) and they're always very eager to come.

When I first started the game, I didn't realize the importance of all this and don't even remember what I selected. Now I am in the middle of the game, and it's obviously too late to change anything. So, where can I see which countries are fully scoutable? The only info I can find in "Status":

Database: small

Selected Leagues: (Second Division B and above)

Manageable: all

I am in Spanish La Liga, I can see real players in major teams of UK, Italy, Portugal and France, the others are mostly grey.

No matter where I send them, my scouts only occasionally find players from Brazil and Argentina, but that's about it. However, Brazil and Argentina are also 99% grey.

Does it mean I shouldn't even bother sending scouts to other continents and countries other than UK, Italy, Portugal and France??? If so, stupid me.. Maybe it should be explained better at the beginning of game for newbies?

Archived