Players, Playing For Too Many Internatial Teams (Age Groups)?

I recently re-installed windows 7 on my machiine, re-installed the game and latest patch. I was about to start a new game as Wednesday manager but before I did, I decided to use the editor, put Milan Mandaric as chairman, wipe out the debt and put a million into the kitty for players.

I was about to start the game, but changed my mind as I felt this was a bit of a cheat, even though it's pretty accurate. I then remembered a favourite thread of mine by Kipfish. I went back into the editor and created a team of complete and utter wonderkids etc. If you remember the thread, you'll remember that there were a lot of changes made; I even took it to the extent of staff.

I started the game and 'went on holiday'. The game is now in pre-season for season 3.

Finally I am getting to the point of the thread. I have noticed that most of the created players are playing for every single England team they can possibly play for. The majority of the created players are still 19. They are called up for the under 19's, the under 21's and the full national team. They have just been promoted to the Premiership, won the FA cup, the European cup, played in and won the Euro championships 2012, been called up immediately and are playing in the Olympics!

Now I know these players are not realistic, but I do think that the game should be able to realise that the players have just played in the Euro championships. I went back to a previous save, made myself manager but there is no option to prevent the players from being called up to the Olympic team.

Does anyone else think that there needs to be more options to communicate with the players / national teams in order to prevent this sort of thing? If nothing else, the game needs improved programming, so as not to call up players to the Olympics who have just returned from a major tournament. As I said, it's not realistic, but as the game is, it can still happen.

I always enjoy running a Kipfish scenario, but this is the first time I have noticed players being called up for every age group in the national team. The players are completely exhausted, yet the AI managers keep picking and playing them.

International football hasn't really been paid any attention in the last couple of FMs and issues such as yours are unavoidable with the current code. Hopefully, there'll be an overhaul in FM12.

Archived