Regens and such

This might be more data issues than here but anyway...

Has anyone else found that an enormous proportion of the top regens are Argentine or Brazilian on their games? I'm in 2025 and 16 of the 26 most valuable players in the transfer market are from those two countries, 17 if you include a guy who is to all intents and purposes Argentine but couldn't get in their team and now plays for Italy. That's a good indicator of the situation in general, hardly any top players from the big European countries and it's making my life very difficult being Juventus manager where I can only sign 1 non EU player a season from abroad. I started this save before the latest patch came out but have updated it for a while now if that makes any bearing.

Also there's a general lack of flair among attacking regen players, I know this has been an issue for years with the game and I was just wondering why this was?

Finally the aforementioned Argentine who now plays for Italy is my star striker and he has the most appalling discipline, I've set his tackling to easy and tried warning/fining him when he gets sent off and he refuses to unlearn the "Argues with officials" PPM as well as having an Unsporting personality. He almost always picks up a yellow and twice last season was sent off for a second yellow for diving when we were winning easily, is there anything more I can do with him or is he just one of the most unprofessional players ever created by the game?

Thanks in advance

i have 3 very very good young germans, 3 from portugal and 1 very good Turkish young player, i would say 4 of them could be world class in a few seasons, saying that there are a heap of very very good south american players.

I find spain are churning out the most promising youth in my game at the moment, some of them are amazing.

I have found there are lots of Argie and Brazilian regens that are very promising, but as said by the poster before lots from Spain and Italy as well. Worrying though there aren't many from England! I'm in 2017 on my game so hopefully they'll be some more in a few years!

I got 4 or 5 great argentines and Brazilians but I also have other nationalities as well. I have 3 Spanish defenders, 3 French, 1 Portugese, 2 german, 3 italian, 2 argentine, 3 Brazilian, 2 Mexican.. So, kinda an international squad here :-D And the most expensive one?? It's gonna be my portugese defenders. :)

As for flair, there are some players with rather low flair, but I also have some with high flair. Out of 8 new attacking regens I have, 6 of them have above 13, and among them, 2 of them have 15+, so it's good and balanced IMO. I don't think you can expect everyone great regen to have a very high amount flair just because he's good technically.

my best regen is from Brazil i bought him for around £4m iirc and now he's worth £32m and i keep getting £65m+ bids from Real and Barca which im not gonna part with as he's got 30+ assists a season, and ive got a brilliant English regen striker which is worth £28m now after coming through my academy which is pleasing iirc he's got around 140 goals in about 250 games, but mostly my best regens are from Brazil & Argentina although ive got a Portuguese, Turkish, Danish players that are very very good.

I seem to get lots of great 4 star potential (or better!) regens from France and Italy. I don't have any south American leagues loaded, only the biggest European leagues. I also have three young English players at my club (Arsenal) who have 4 star potential. One is a CB, one is DMC and one is a right winger. So far so good :) I haven't really noticed anything weird stat-wise in the regens so far. All the players who really benefit from high flair have at least 10. So no complaints here.

Oh and for the OP: Have you tutored your young Argentine? A highly professional or sporting striker can help him work on his attitude.

I seem to get lots of great 4 star potential (or better!) regens from France and Italy. I don't have any south American leagues loaded, only the biggest European leagues. I also have three young English players at my club (Arsenal) who have 4 star potential. One is a CB, one is DMC and one is a right winger. So far so good :) I haven't really noticed anything weird stat-wise in the regens so far. All the players who really benefit from high flair have at least 10. So no complaints here.

Oh and for the OP: Have you tutored your young Argentine? A highly professional or sporting striker can help him work on his attitude.

Being the sad person with too much time on my hands that I am I've looked at the 50 most valuable midfielders and forwards in my game in the year 2025 and compared the average flair to the start of the game, at the start the average is 14.7 while in 2025 it is 9.4, I'm sure it's been like this over the years of playing FM, I'll start another save after the January patch and see what happens.

As for the my unprofessional guy unfortunately hes a bit old for tutoring but for sure I won't be having him tutor anybody else. I'm experimenting with putting his closing down to zero, if he doesnt go near anyone hopefully he cant get booked.

Me and my cousin was just discussing this an hour ago. We both have the same set-up of leagues and players loaded England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France and Portugal top leagues and players loaded from South America and players from top clubs Europe. So on both are games around 2017-18 season the top class regens are mostly Brazilians and Argentinians. This must be because we have players loaded from South America, so we would need to load all players from Europe to get a even number of regens but this would make the player count much to high making the game a lot slower.

Me and my cousin was just discussing this an hour ago. We both have the same set-up of leagues and players loaded England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France and Portugal top leagues and players loaded from South America and players from top clubs Europe. So on both are games around 2017-18 season the top class regens are mostly Brazilians and Argentinians. This must be because we have players loaded from South America, so we would need to load all players from Europe to get a even number of regens but this would make the player count much to high making the game a lot slower.

Sounds similar to my setup, I'm not sure if this is how it's meant to be, if there are 30 players of 170+ PA from Brazil at the start of the game surely that should stay kind of the same, say between 20 and 40, on the game now it's going up and up.

Sounds similar to my setup, I'm not sure if this is how it's meant to be, if there are 30 players of 170+ PA from Brazil at the start of the game surely that should stay kind of the same, say between 20 and 40, on the game now it's going up and up.

Sounds like we would need to load all players from Europe taking the player count to about 140000. Me personally wouldn't be able to play with that as I've tried it before and once a few seasons in the game is alot slower than i would like.

Sounds like we would need to load all players from Europe taking the player count to about 140000. Me personally wouldn't be able to play with that as I've tried it before and once a few seasons in the game is alot slower than i would like.

Yeah, I just played Bayern and clearly Germany must have no foriegn players restrictions as of their 23 man first team squad 5 are Argentine and 14 are Brazilian, all but 5 of whom are full internationals, very silly.

Archived