Bankrupt?

I checked the finances and found this:

ofc2fo.jpg

I don't know why it's in bankruptcy. I have transfer budget, current wage budget is under the wage budget. Alone the current highest is above the maximum, but it is the same from the beginning (now I'm in the 2nd year). I have never got an email I have problem with the finances.

• SI Staff

There are a few 'events' which can cause a club to drop in financial state (influential board member leaving the club, unexpected tax bill etc.) - but for a club that size I've NEVER seen one reach it so quickly.

You haven't seen anything at all which might have caused the situation or done any ludicrous trading? - releasing 30 players from the first team for instance might cause this through the pay-offs ..

• SI Staff
If a club is bankrupt, why would the manager still be allowed to spend €5m?

Last clubs are generally cut some slack to allow them to continue operating and to stay competitive.

If you think about this in real-world terms, an Arsenal in the Champions League is worth more than an Arsenal relegated from the Premiership. As such if they went bust the creditors would be obliged to try and keep them performing as well as possible - so extending at least some funding to try and keep things ticking over while they find a buyer for the club.

You haven't seen anything at all which might have caused the situation or done any ludicrous trading? - releasing 30 players from the first team for instance might cause this through the pay-offs ..

No, nothing. Most of the players I signed was free transfer (by Bosman), I didn't release any.

Now, 1 month later, I got a message, the club is in bad financial situation and I have to sell some players. But nothing else, and I'm stil not forced to sell by board (I mean no other message).

To find the reason some help:

As I remember, at the start of the second season, I had about 13 m euro transfer budget, (same as in the first year), but the wage budget jumped from 2.1m to 2.6 m. As I had small transfer budget, I adjusted it, so I bought some players, but I was ALWAYS under the limit. And the fin. status was OK.

Did you change signing on fees at all for any players that you signed?

Signing on fees can sometimes be quite high and take a big chunk out of finances if you're not careful.

Most of the transfers were free. If I bought a player for money I always lowered the offered sign on fee amount. Aren't they decreasing automatically the transfer budget?

Archived