Star Rating

rg1

When a report is made by one of my scouts on a potential purchase, I look at the players star rating for a quick guide. I have noticed that sometimes a player may have 3 stars, but when you buy the player and look at the star rating in the squad status, he's dropped to 2 1/2 stars.

I have noticed this with several players. Why is that?

Rob

When a report is made by one of my scouts on a potential purchase, I look at the players star rating for a quick guide. I have noticed that sometimes a player may have 3 stars, but when you buy the player and look at the star rating in the squad status, he's dropped to 2 1/2 stars.

I have noticed this with several players. Why is that?

Rob

The scouts judgement of the player is based on just having a look at them, and so of course they won't be perfect. Once you sign the player your coaching staff get a lot of contact time with the player and so can give you a much more accurate view of the players ability.

If you get a player scouted a few times, or by a very good scout, then the rating they are given by the scout will be more accurate. If on the other hand you use awful scouts then they will be very inaccurate.

The star rating shown on a scout report for a player at any given time indicates his ability relative to other players in his position in your squad, and to your squad's reputation and division. It is possible that between scouting him and signing him, the other players that you had in the same position have improved.

Also remember that the scout's opinion of a players ability and potential is not perfect, it is just his opinion and depending how skilled he is he can get it wrong. NOTE this does not mean that a scout with 20 for judging potential and judgung abilty will always be right about a player, he can still get it wrong.

Mostly when I buy a player they drop ½ star in rating. I always use my best 20/20 scout before I purchase a player. Ive tested his skills and no matter how many times he scouts a player within a short period of time nothing changes (expect for transfer fee and wages).

I also get me assman to scout the players and he agress with my best scout in more than 90 % of the cases.

However, the players still loose ½ star once they hit the squad.

I think there is more to it than the explanations given here.

The scout compares the player against the league, where your Assman compares him to your squad. When you scout a load of players in one league, and then get promoted and scout them again, they have gone down due to the better standard they are compared against.

• 1 year later...
Also bear in mind that the rating on your squad screen is based on your AssMan's opinion, and is more than likely affected by his JPA and JPP stats as well

Can someone confirm that the star ratings get more accurate if you hire an assistant manager with better JPA/JPP?

Can someone confirm that the star ratings get more accurate if you hire an assistant manager with better JPA/JPP?

My current AssMan (16/16) agrees with my chief scout (20/20) more than my old AssMan (12/13) did. As to any of them being accurate, well that's a whole other question.

Archived