Training-Keep on big club or play in Division 1

I am the Bray Wanderers and I sent a couple 19 year olds down to Bray A squad. Neither player was making a match squad so I figure they may actually play in 1st Division.

Does this make sense to do or will players gain more by riding the bench on Premier team?

thanks

Nothing can beat match time in the higher leagues.

That said, you will have to bring them on and start them occasionally.

Players need to find their level. Young players will benefit if they get regular football at a place with good facilities and a place they can get a rating of 7 to 7.1. That's the sweet spot. If that's at a higher league then perfect, but if they can't cut it, I think you'd be doing more harm than good.

If a player is guaranteed at least 25 or more starts for a league one side (providing their ability is not too high for the league already) then providing the club has good facilities, I believe it should better than bench warming and only getting half a dozen sub appearances for your side

The important thing is how well they play

They could play a hundred premiership games, but if they play rubbish in all of them, they won't improve much

Also bare in mind, if they are already too good for the league they will also not improve much (ie. Messi playing in league one, will play really well, but would not improve at all)

Archived