Holiday manager

A question more out of curiosity than anything else...

...didn't you used to be able to instruct your holiday manager to buy players while you were on holiday in old versions of FM?

It appears that option is missing from the holiday mode in FM08.

If you holiday, you can set whether or not your manager will sell anyone but not whether he will buy anyone.

Am I missing something? Answers on a postcard...

C.

A question more out of curiosity than anything else...

...didn't you used to be able to instruct your holiday manager to buy players while you were on holiday in old versions of FM?

It appears that option is missing from the holiday mode in FM08.

If you holiday, you can set whether or not your manager will sell anyone but not whether he will buy anyone.

Am I missing something? Answers on a postcard...

C.

I thnink it used to be 'Dont buy anyone' and 'Dont buy anyone unless they are on your shortlist'. Think these went out possibly with CM, Im not 100% sure though.

The reason I asked was that I was reading about people who do 'holiday games' and wondering how it works.

If your holiday manager never buys or sells any players then surely he will never manage to succeed with any team.

I thought these people might be using team setting that I don't know about or something?

C.

I think people running holiday games tend to holiday unemployed, and then take over the club of interest each season to find out finances, etc., before reloading as if they'd never taken over the club.

Archived