Recommending your own Feeder Club to the board?

I know this was possible on FM10, but is it in FM11?

I haven't yet had the option to choose my own feeder club. The board always recommend clubs to me, even when they say you can be part of the choosing process. Or am I missing something here?

The reason is I want a Spanish feeder for my South American youngsters.

I've been with Liverpool for over 6 years.

Cheers!

They always say to me about getting involved but they always end up recommending me a few clubs who I personally would not want.

I don't understand how you get involved, they say you can but never let you. It's annoying as I really want to have certain clubs as feeders, it's hard enough getting each side's board to negotiate a deal as it is, I always found it was barely ever successful for me..

I've been at Arsenal for 9 years now and given them more success than they could ever have hoped for, let me at least have some choice in the feeder clubs!

It's to do with a trade agreement, though I can never remember the name of this agreement and can't be bothered searching :)

Basically, any of Spain's former colonies, which includes Portugal and its colonies too, are part of this trade agreement. Citizens who reside and work in another country, for example and Argentinian living and working in Spain, are entitled to apply for citizenship within two years. So with a Spanish feeder club, you can get Spanish and thus, EU citizenship within two years, for a wealth of non-EU players.

Just to be really obscure though, a Filipino could also get citizenship in Spain within two years. Think former colonies of Spain or Portugal, along with any nation where Spanish or Portuguese is spoken (excluding USA).

When managing a big English club, I always try to get a Spanish feeder club :)

I requested to be a feeder club and the board agreed and oddly enough when they came back with two otpions one of them was the team I support, Fulham. so when they asked my opion I chose Fulham and they said okay. Fulham hasn't sent us any players yet though.

Is there a way to request a parent team to send you some players?

I requested to be a feeder club and the board agreed and oddly enough when they came back with two otpions one of them was the team I support, Fulham. so when they asked my opion I chose Fulham and they said okay. Fulham hasn't sent us any players yet though.

No they will just send them through when they have a guy that needs playing time. usually 1 per year from what ive seen and its pot luck on who you get.

no there isnt, they will only send players they want to gain experiance at the level you are at.

As far as I can tell it's bugged in this version, the option is there, it's approved and they come back and tell you they can't find any worthy clubs...done this over and over... and never had a feeder club in a total of 12 seasons, so lets hope it's corrected in the future patch.

As far as I can tell it's bugged in this version, the option is there, it's approved and they come back and tell you they can't find any worthy clubs...done this over and over... and never had a feeder club in a total of 12 seasons, so lets hope it's corrected in the future patch.

cant see it being a bug, i have had a feeder/parent no problem every time i have asked and i dont recall anyone saying that they cant get one before?

You could always ask to loan the players you want. In my experience they usually let you have them for no money and no wage contribution, as long as you are realistic about who you ask for (e.g. "hot prospects" and "backup" players who are unlikely to feature in the parent club's first team squad).

heathxxx is right in his analogy though its to do with a promotion of spanish culture within the empire. It goes back to the previous century when under a dictatorship, Spanish citizens who moved to former colonies were provided with incentives so that they could return at a future date. this was then handed to their family, so, for example, if your grandfather was Spanish and you were born in Argentina, then you could claim spanish nationality within 2 yrs of living in the country. Its done so as to reward those who had emigrated in the past. The problem with this policy is that a Spanish citizen moving elsewhere, say to France, does not get the same priviledge. So it provides an advantage to mostly citizens of South America or as was mentioned the Phillipines. An example of where this policy is wrong is say your grandfather was Spanish, your father born in Argentina but you were born in Germany. You would not be eligible within 2 years but rather within the longer established period. Its a little dubious as a policy especially with the EU having a say on nationality agreements. At some date I guess it will brought to task but for now its a legal loophole you can exploit, especially in the FM world.

If you're a well respected manager with a good track record the board allows you to pick the team you want to be feeder.

I always go with getting a fan base in another country. Then I get somewhere like China or Japan or the US. I find it efficient then to the best player of the nationality I've just had a feeder club established with. In my mind it should boost profile in another country.

I wish there was an area where you could view how well know your team is in another country?

They let me pick, but the deal can never be done.

So I've stopped using the feature because when they chose at least they come back with options.

It would make sense that if the team you select can't be done, to tell you this after 2 weeks and let you pick another.

Archived